Mayweather defeats Pacquiao

I watched every second and I know how Floyd fights I don't need the lesson. He has just brain washed judges because of his style to think he is never in trouble. Yes he retreats in strategy , but there were many times pac took advantage and backed off so not to get suckered into Floyds game.

Yep. Every time Manny was "on the verge" of getting Mayweather in a little trouble, Floyd grabbed him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Every time Manny was "on the verge" of getting Mayweather in a little trouble, Floyd grabbed him.

It's called defense. Manny should have planned better. The whole world knew what Floyd was going to do last night. He's won 48 fights in a row doing just that.

I used to be a boxing guy but this fight is why the UFC is better and I'm glad boxing got its goodbye fight.

I'm just not buying the amount of strikes they credited Floyd for landing. This isnt Olympic boxing and your punches have to mean something. I know how Floyd fights but anyone with a brain knows Pac controlled almost every second after round 3. You get pushed into a corner most the fight and forced to put your head between your hands most the fight you lose the fight , except if your Floyd.

The UFC has star power and that is why it is better. There are no stars in boxing. Just Manny and Floyd and that's it. I've seen UFC fights where dudes hit the mat and drop to their back as soon as the bell rings and try to lure the other guy into coming down to the mat to grapple because that's where their skill set is. Floyd's skill set is in defense also.

What are the guidelines on scoring a round in boxing? Is it purely about number of punches that land on target? Are there any points awarded for throwing more punches? Are there points awarded for being the aggressor?

If you want to reward a boxer for being the aggressor and punish a boxer who constantly backs up, you do it through scoring. If a boxer knows he loses points in a round by constantly backing up, clinching, etc., then you will see a different style of fighting.

You don't get points for being the aggressor or because the crowd screams everytime they think you landed a power punch. People seem to be confusing crowd noise and one true good round with Manny winning the fight. You can chase a guy all around the ring all you want but if the guy you're chasing lands 60 more punches than you did then you lost the fight.

I thought it was a great match. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the main event. For me, the bigger issue was the match before the main event. The so called undefeated champion fought a construction worker (literally). How does that happen?

Pacquiao said after the fight he was hurt before he entered the ring. Member of the press corps asks if it was fair that viewers paid $100 bucks a pop to watch a fighter with an undisclosed injury; his mic was cut off.

Glad I didn't waste my time.

I've never paid for a PPV event and probably never will.

That being said, I see a lot of cognitive dissonance in this thread. People that shell out good money for something generally defend it to the hilt. People that don't, don't.

I've never paid for a PPV event and probably never will.

That being said, I see a lot of cognitive dissonance in this thread. People that shell out good money for something generally defend it to the hilt. People that don't, don't.

Only one group of those people know what actually happened though.

Yep. Maybe that's worth a Benjamin.:thumb:

It was worth $100 to me just to watch the Derby, grill out, drink a couple of beers and hang out with good friends all evening. I'm not disappointed at all with the event, but then again I got exactly what I was expecting too.

I think some people expect boxing matches to be like Rocky vs. Ivan Drago. It's just not like that in real life, especially in featherweight and welterweight matches.

It was worth $100 to me just to watch the Derby, grill out, drink a couple of beers and hang out with good friends all evening. I'm not disappointed at all with the event, but then again I got exactly what I was expecting too.

I think some people expect boxing matches to be like Rocky vs. Ivan Drago. It's just not like that in real life, especially in featherweight and welterweight matches.

Exactly!!! Spot on!