Mayweather defeats Pacquiao

I have never seen Mayweather fight so I am basing this off of all I have read. If Mayweather is all about counter punching, what would happen if an opponent stood in the middle of the ring and did not pursue Mayweather? Has that ever happened in one of his fights? What would he do if his opponent refused to attack him?

Mayweather would still win, somehow.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report says Burger King paid Floyd $1M to have the mascot walk to the ring with Floyd.

About ready to post that. The Burger King guy was a good touch. Dude is still ultra creepy despite being missing for the past few years.

The UFC has star power and that is why it is better. There are no stars in boxing. Just Manny and Floyd and that's it. I've seen UFC fights where dudes hit the mat and drop to their back as soon as the bell rings and try to lure the other guy into coming down to the mat to grapple because that's where their skill set is. Floyd's skill set is in defense also.

The strategy you talk about (immediately dropping to the mat) is very very rare. I watch a lot of MMA and I've never seen any of the top fighters do that. I'm not sure I've seen anyone do it consistently.

It does happen a lot in jiu jitsu tournaments though.

The strategy you talk about (immediately dropping to the mat) is very very rare. I watch a lot of MMA and I've never seen any of the top fighters do that. I'm not sure I've seen anyone do it consistently.

It does happen a lot in jiu jitsu tournaments though.

Floyd's style is very very rare also. Most guys fight and don't box.

Just face it, there will be a rematch. Too many people putting the fight down, Manny claiming injury, and just too much money not to do it.

The rematch won't make as much money. Too many people turned off. I enjoyed the fight and don't regret buying it but I won't buy the rematch.