South Carolina Officer Charged With Murder

Clyde

There's no but. If it is found that his actions were not justified he should get the maximum penalty. This situation has nothing to do with Mike Brown's step dad, witnesses in that case or the girl in Virginia.

No but about it, you don't get it. I said he should be punished BUT these others should be held accountable too.

No kidding Sherlock, I know these others didn't have anything to do with it BUT if you want accountability then hold these others responsible too.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but about it, you don't get it. I said he should be punished BUT these others should be held accountable too.

No kidding Sherlock, I know these others didn't have anything to do with it BUT if you want accountability then hold these others responsible too.

You said that you agree that he should be made an example of BUT ONLY if the others were as well. That would imply that he should not be made an example of if those other are not punished. He should be made an example of regardless of the other cases. They have nothing to do with this. Perhaps you should word your posts better if that is not what you mean.

You said that you agree that he should be made an example of BUT ONLY if the others were as well. That would imply that he should not be made an example of if those other are not punished. He should be made an example of regardless of the other cases. They have nothing to do with this. Perhaps you should word your posts better if that is not what you mean.

I agree, although I think his post was worded exactly how he meant it.

Agreed.

Let me make another point. To me, this issue (along with several other of the same nature) is more about police officers killing citizens, regardless of their race. Yeah, most make it about black and white, but I would be just as upset about it if it were all white guys being shot and killed. The race element just makes it worse to the general public and media.

Agreed.

Let me make another point. To me, this issue (along with several other of the same nature) is more about police officers killing citizens, regardless of their race. Yeah, most make it about black and white, but I would be just as upset about it if it were all white guys being shot and killed. The race element just makes it worse to the general public and media.

Both of you are stupid if you think I meant it that way.

If you want to make an example out of him fine. But while at it make an example of others who do stuff that cause problems. How about the black boy who lied about Mike Brown kneeling down with hands up. A total lie and look at what that led to, more than 1 death. But I guess you all want to give him a pass.

Again if you think I meant what you think, you are Stupid.

Both of you are stupid if you think I meant it that way.

If you want to make an example out of him fine. But while at it make an example of others who do stuff that cause problems. How about the black boy who lied about Mike Brown kneeling down with hands up. A total lie and look at what that led to, more than 1 death. But I guess you all want to give him a pass.

Again if you think I meant what you think, you are Stupid.

Based on your posting history, I think it's a very fair assumption to make.

Agreed.

Further reason why I consider you a friend. THIS is the reaction almost all of my friends from back home have had. Facebook statuses galore essentially saying "C'mon guys, we grew up here. We all have so many friends of opposite races. This is an issue with abuse of police powers and bad apples within our law enforcement, not black vs white." It makes me so proud to be from there and to be friends with all of them because we aren't seeing this through a colored lense..we're seeing it for the issue it truly is at the root of it. The race element is focused on by the public and media for many reasons...1) it unfortunately is true that it's occurred against black men more often and 2) the race element makes it more dynamic and controversial for the media so they play to that.

Anyway...I went off tangent. Long story short, you're right. What happened to Walter Scott is horrendous, disgusting...you know how I feel about it. And I'd feel the same way if it were anyone else of any race.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I stated in my post that I can't see any justifiable reason for him to shoot the victim.

I just wonder if he will try and use that case as his defense.

He will have to use something better than that. Something about his mental state at the time. Which is also bogus, b/c of police officers are trained to overcome that mental state. The guy executed him, basically. You have his plates, you have his information. You know where he lives. He's wanted for Non-Support, hardly a violent crime. Let him go, get a warrant, impound his new ride, but don't shoot a fleeing non-violent EIGHT times.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I stated in my post that I can't see any justifiable reason for him to shoot the victim.

I just wonder if he will try and use that case as his defense.

I gotcha; sorry if it came off otherwise. I don't think he should use that one, but maybe he will. The video looks like the taser is on the ground behind him and that it's what he goes back and picks up, then drops back beside the body.

IMO, it may sound crazy, but one of the best things the officer can probably do for himself is to take the stand and be a good witness on his own behalf. I know that sounds strange, and can see how it's kind of risky, but with the right attorney, a very good one, they could maybe personalize him to the jury and find a way for them to relate to him. With some good jury selection people and a favorable enough draw, that could be a difference in softening some of the blow.

He will have to use something better than that. Something about his mental state at the time. Which is also bogus, b/c of police officers are trained to overcome that mental state. The guy executed him, basically. You have his plates, you have his information. You know where he lives. He's wanted for Non-Support, hardly a violent crime. Let him go, get a warrant, impound his new ride, but don't shoot a fleeing non-violent EIGHT times.

Agreed, but what exactly are you talking about re: mental state?