NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

Who cares??????? Is D1 the only option to get your college paid for???? How do u guys know some of these kids won't go to college and get and get an academic scholarship and still play football??? For the love of God just let them be high school football players and stop acting like if they don't get go d1 that means they are no good! I cannot believe this crap is on page 19 and people are still talking about it.

Who said they were no good?? D1 is obviously not the only option. My sons (although not RB's) will have 3 or 4 options on how to pay for school, only one of which involves football and that is at a D3 school. I couldn't be more proud. Most of this thread isn't even about D1 ball so I don't get the "page 19" reference. We've had a lively discussion of offensive lines, combines and stats up until the last page or so.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that - and actually from more than one set of parents of the boys on this year's list. There are two I know of holding out for a "better offer" than for their son to play D or start on special teams. I have heard it from people in years past as well. Or a kid will get a solid D2 offer, and he and his whole family are insulted by it, thinking they deserve better than that.

I see no problem in waiting, just don't wait to long. I also, see no problem in choosing a school based on what position they are recruiting you for.

And the more I think about it, I have no problem with not going to a school to play football at all, if you don't play the position you want to play, even if that is the only offer you have. The chances of going to the NFL are almost zero. Look at how many kids quit D3/NAIA schools after their freshman year, once they realize the amount of commitment and work it takes for virtually

no reward.

Who said they were no good?? D1 is obviously not the only option. My sons (although not RB's) will have 3 or 4 options on how to pay for school, only one of which involves football and that is at a D3 school. I couldn't be more proud. Most of this thread isn't even about D1 ball so I don't get the "page 19" reference. We've had a lively discussion of offensive lines, combines and stats up until the last page or so.

First of all I never said u said anything? And if you read all 19 pages of this thread count how many times D1 was brought up, nothing about any other option. My reference to the "pg 19" thing is we are now on page 19 and it seems like it's on repeat, d1 this and d1 that. Good luck to your boys this year I'm sure they will do great!

Some of the best running backs I have seen over the past 50 years that I've been following HS football had no interest in playing college football. Heck, some didn't even go to college, and seem to be doing just fine. Life doesn't revolve around football at any level for the future of our young adults. Education is the most important and you don't have to be 6'4 and weigh 240 lbs and run a sub 4.5 forty to get an education. The examples I can just recall off the top of my head would be a very long list, not just RB's but all positions.

The parents want there kid to get a free ride through college, I understand that. More often than that, if a kid does make it through college football, then the parents think that little Johnny will be playing in the NFL , chances of that are slim to none. Wish them all the best.

Well, I'm only talking with the parents and they always say "we"....I'm assuming the kid is part of the decision-making process, but then again, given the way some helicopter parents are these days........

I am attempting to influence my boys - but only to the scenario that is likely to leave them with as little debt at the end of their college days as is possible. I just think graduating college owing $50 - $100K or more is crippling and can lead to hasty choices. Few hasty choices are the best choices, in my experience. But I'm not psychic, so who am I to say that School A debt - earning potential isn't actually going to be better than School B (less debt) - earning potential (less) in the long run with internships, connections, graduate admissions, etc.

Parenting is, like, HARD!!

I think all of these kids have a great chance of playing college football NEXT YEAR! I know Dillon Powell and Jacob Smith plan on having huge Senior years!.

Just curious, but wouldn't every player mentioned in this thread PLAN on having huge years this season? I mean, that is why they are in this discussion isn't it? If one of these boys are thinking, "I just want to have a terrible year running the ball", it might be time to hang em up....just sayin

The realized or unrealized lofty and unrealistic expectations do nothing but harm. Let these boys be boys. Hats off and best wishes to every RB who lines up in a backfield across the bluegrass this season. And for that matter at any position!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to search any Div 1 program in the tri-state. Look at their recruits in the last 1-3 years at the RB position. And look at their hudl highlights online to see where the current NKY class stacks up. An objective eye, and open mind should win.

Cheers to these kids growing, having fun, staying healthy, and setting a good foundation in the game of life. :thumb:

There is a vast amount of talent in the NKY area both this year and next not only at RB but at multiple positions. Many kids are talented and if most, or none of them, make it to the D1 level so be it. Doesn't mean they are any less of a HS player. Far too much "D1 or bust" mentality IMO from many posters on players not only from NKY but KY for that matter. This area is not known as a football hotbed and frankly there is nothing wrong with that. Whether people want to realize it or not, where you live has something to do with being recruited. If a player goes on to play the game they love at ANY level (D2, D3, NAIA or JC) be supportive and move on.

There's 1 player that I know of that has D1 offers from NKY but that doesn't mean the rest of the players can't play. Just my 2 cents.

There is a vast amount of talent in the NKY area both this year and next not only at RB but at multiple positions. Many kids are talented and if most, or none of them, make it to the D1 level so be it. Doesn't mean they are any less of a HS player. Far too much "D1 or bust" mentality IMO from many posters on players not only from NKY but KY for that matter. This area is not known as a football hotbed and frankly there is nothing wrong with that. Whether people want to realize it or not, where you live has something to do with being recruited. If a player goes on to play the game they love at ANY level (D2, D3, NAIA or JC) be supportive and move on.

There's 1 player that I know of that has D1 offers from NKY but that doesn't mean the rest of the players can't play. Just my 2 cents.

Well said!