NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see a couple of these guys making it to D1, if they have a positive year. That being said , they may not play running back in college. If they are an athlete , they will use them where needed.

THIS. I can't believe when I hear from a parent that XYZ U. only wanted Jr. to play defense...we had to turn them down. Are ya' nuttier than a fruitcake?? Very few of the athletes listed so far have D1 RB size - and size does matter. Get your kid on a roster, get 'em some help with tuition costs, and let 'em play!! NONE of these kids is going to the NFL at RB or any other position so take off the love goggles and take the best offer they get even if it doesn't match YOUR dreams/expectations!!

THIS. I can't believe when I hear from a parent that XYZ U. only wanted Jr. to play defense...we had to turn them down. Are ya' nuttier than a fruitcake?? Very few of the athletes listed so far have D1 RB size - and size does matter. Get your kid on a roster, get 'em some help with tuition costs, and let 'em play!! NONE of these kids is going to the NFL at RB or any other position so take off the love goggles and take the best offer they get even if it doesn't match YOUR dreams/expectations!!

Most are D1 size RBs. Average RB size in college 5'9 180.

Have you really heard a parent turn down an offer for that reason, I mean if that is their only offer? I see no problem turning down a school that wants you to play a position that you do not want to, if you can go play at a school that wants you to play your favorite position.

So, no one is going D1 unless they go D1?

Exactly. It would be more fair to say unless something changes during the season, which can happen but is unlikely. These guys aren't bigger schools top choices. Some things will have to fall through for these guys to get a D1 offer.

Who cares??????? Is D1 the only option to get your college paid for???? How do u guys know some of these kids won't go to college and get and get an academic scholarship and still play football??? For the love of God just let them be high school football players and stop acting like if they don't get go d1 that means they are no good! I cannot believe this crap is on page 19 and people are still talking about it.

Who cares??????? Is D1 the only option to get your college paid for???? How do u guys know some of these kids won't go to college and get and get an academic scholarship and still play football??? For the love of God just let them be high school football players and stop acting like if they don't get go d1 that means they are no good! I cannot believe this crap is on page 19 and people are still talking about it.

No doubt! Also, if they never play again after high school, who cares, it takes nothing away from them and how good they are in high school!

Have you really heard a parent turn down an offer for that reason, I mean if that is their only offer? I see no problem turning down a school that wants you to play a position that you do not want to, if you can go play at a school that wants you to play your favorite position.

I have heard that - and actually from more than one set of parents of the boys on this year's list. There are two I know of holding out for a "better offer" than for their son to play D or start on special teams. I have heard it from people in years past as well. Or a kid will get a solid D2 offer, and he and his whole family are insulted by it, thinking they deserve better than that.