NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

Plus SK/Highlands grad Jordan Nevels went to UK he was a runningback in high school and so was other Highlands grad that plays for the Steelers. And that kid from Boone County.

Did he move to Highland beacuse SK was being crushed?

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they don't. If you're going into your senior year and you don't have a D1 offer by now your probably not getting one.

Agreed. Practice is starting and college camps are ending and recruiting has shifted focus to next years class for d-1. The lower classifications are sifting through everyone who got past over. For some it might not be athletic ability, but they might be deemed a risk educationally or for off the field events. It's not true for everyone, but unless you are a true stud, no one is going to take the risk. Many players have transferred in from smaller programs or walked on to prove their worth, so not getting a d-1 scholly is not the end of the world. It's the "over" self promoting that hurts these kids when they can't deliver the performance.

Agreed. Practice is starting and college camps are ending and recruiting has shifted focus to next years class for d-1. The lower classifications are sifting through everyone who got past over. For some it might not be athletic ability, but they might be deemed a risk educationally or for off the field events. It's not true for everyone, but unless you are a true stud, no one is going to take the risk. Many players have transferred in from smaller programs or walked on to prove their worth, so not getting a d-1 scholly is not the end of the world. It's the "over" self promoting that hurts these kids when they can't deliver the performance.

I would like to add. That your not being recruited until you have an offer. your just a player of interest. Jr. days are filled with kids that never get offers. I bet out of 100+ kids maybe 10 have offers from the school.

He is a Dixie fan. He thinks only Dixie kids can play D1. To bad Austin Peay is a joke in D1 football. EKU crushed them.

UKFan. The best part about this post. Your RB has sent film to AP and has been invited to a JR day. Funny that a joke of a d1 program would look at an SK player...

• 2 weeks later...
I'll say it again... Holy Cross has the most talent at the RB position with the 220lbs duo of Barnes and Abernathy... Both are in the class of 2017.

Did they play last year against SK? I don't remember seeing them on the field?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repaired Quote