KHSAA 3 proposals that will be taken to the BOE

Maybe.

I would think a good proposal would be to create 1-2-3 classes with specific criteria for the classes. One criteria might be only have athletes from feeder schools. Another would simply be enrollment. Another might be open enrollment status. Another would probably be some sort of financial aid classification. The school gets to choose what level to compete in as the NCAA does.

Unversity of Albany was mentioned as being in the NAIA 10 years ago and choose to make a plan to go to NCAA DI. They went through all 3 levels of the NCAA until they reached a point that they could compete on the DI level.

Put criteria on the 2 or 3 classes and then let the schools decide what conditions they are going to compete under.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only see the schools that choose not to compete leaving. Schools that are competing will stay put. Maybe it would be a good thing. NKY would stay. Most Jefferson County schools would stay. I could see the schools outside of those two areas leaving, with the exception of the Catholic schools. Maybe they should? Call it the Kentucky Small/Rural School Alliance. Now that I think of it that sounds pretty good. I say go for it!

I agree, I would say roughly half the schools would leave and form their own athletic association. Like I said, the Male's, Highlands', Danville's, and Beechwood's would want to stay and compete.

I agree, I would say roughly half the schools would leave and form their own athletic association. Like I said, the Male's, Highlands', Danville's, and Beechwood's would want to stay and compete.

Didn't Danville vote for Prop 20 and was a leading proponent of it? In fact, wasn't it their football coach/AD who got the votes repositioned so that the Prop 20 vote was first?

Of all the schools in NkY only the Boone schools do not have open enrollment.This also includes,Walton,Grant,Owen Gallatin, Harrison,Pendelton

Campbell and Mason Counties all of which allow out of district students.

According to members of the Boone County Board of Education,they are the

only district in the state that does not allow out of district students.This is

because of overcrowding problems that they face.

Could you name for me the ones that do not accept students from outside their boundaries?

Not only do they accept out of area students their state money follows them.

That is unless of course you work for the Boone County Board of Education. That my friend is how a kid who is suppose to play at one high school in Boone County plays sports for another high school in Boone County it happens a lot, if you listen to some parents in Boone... One young man who now plays for Ockerman Middle School (and is one of their stars) mother works for the Boone County Board of Education, so instead of playing for the Conner Middle School and going to Conner High School he plays at Ockerman and will be playing at Boone Co. Only if you are a employee of the Board of Education can you do this and that is my own pet peeve, work for the School system and you can pretty much do what you want, don't work for them, then there is no room. Why is that??

That is unless of course you work for the Boone County Board of Education. That my friend is how a kid who is suppose to play at one high school in Boone County plays sports for another high school in Boone County it happens a lot, if you listen to some parents in Boone... One young man who now plays for Ockerman Middle School (and is one of their stars) mother works for the Boone County Board of Education, so instead of playing for the Conner Middle School and going to Conner High School he plays at Ockerman and will be playing at Boone Co. Only if you are a employee of the Board of Education can you do this and that is my own pet peeve, work for the School system and you can pretty much do what you want, don't work for them, then there is no room. Why is that??

And to think, Boone County is a public school.

Runfirst, If all the proposals are defeated and the concerns have the publics has been washed aside, should the publics just leave the KHSAA and start their own organization?

I'm not sure that this can happen.....The Kentucky Board of Eduction has given control of athletic issues to the KHSAA. To start making a new oganization is going agianst KRS which I guess it is why the Legislator is trying to resolve this issue. I think that many public school people have been missing the boat.....The K.B.O.E. is who we need to be talking to:sssh:

Lets face it the KHSAA exists because The Kentucky Board of Education made it:sssh: And I'm pretty sure that they govern PUBLIC schools?????

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure that this can happen.....The Kentucky Board of Eduction has given control of athletic issues to the KHSAA. To start making a new oganization is going agianst KRS which I guess it is why the Legislator is trying to resolve this issue. I think that many public school people have been missing the boat.....The K.B.O.E. is who we need to be talking to:sssh:

Lets face it the KHSAA exists because The Kentucky Board of Education made it:sssh: And I'm pretty sure that they govern PUBLIC schools?????

Very true

Not at all because private school supporters are against it. I have and had many family members who have gone to various private schools in the NKY and Greater Cincy area. Everyone always wants to turn this into BigZig hates the privates/parochials and that simply isn't true. I just believe that it is another one of those unfair advantages that private schools use to attract kids to their schools and in most cases it happens far more for athletics at least at some of the schools I observe. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone and for all I know I'm dead wrong but no one has ever really proven to me otherwise. They just blast away..