St. Henry 79 Villa Madonna 34

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuse at all. I believe he wants his team ready to play a full 32 minute game. This is the All A.

If your a St Henry fan and u don't like winning then stay home. If your a Villa fan then sorry but it is tournament time.

I bet u expect KY to win by 30 or more every game.

Leave Sturgeon alone and let him coach his team.

Uhm. It was defently a full court press the entire game. They weren't letting up. You could tell by how many fouls they ended up with.

We're mincing words. From what I saw, St Henry used a full court press maybe a little more than half the game. The rest of the game they picked up full court in man - not what I would define as a full court press. In any case, in your initial post you assert that St Henry pressed the entire game with almost a 50 point lead, which tells me you didn't watch the whole game or you are exaggerating to make a point. That margin was the widest- up to that point, it was mostly a 20-30 point lead until midway thru the 3rd quarter and the running clock began.

Also, according to Riherds, St Henry was 18 of 33 on FT attempts. Don't know how many fouls were called on each team, but I'd say it was fairly even as I'd estimate 75% of Villas scoring came from the FT line. So to use that as an indicator that St Henry had some kind of relentless press on is a fallacy.

Lastly- - this was a poor group of ref's all around- not that it had any effect on the outcome.

We're mincing words. From what I saw, St Henry used a full court press maybe a little more than half the game. The rest of the game they picked up full court in man - not what I would define as a full court press. In any case, in your initial post you assert that St Henry pressed the entire game with almost a 50 point lead, which tells me you didn't watch the whole game or you are exaggerating to make a point. That margin was the widest- up to that point, it was mostly a 20-30 point lead until midway thru the 3rd quarter and the running clock began.

Also, according to Riherds, St Henry was 18 of 33 on FT attempts. Don't know how many fouls were called on each team, but I'd say it was fairly even as I'd estimate 75% of Villas scoring came from the FT line. So to use that as an indicator that St Henry had some kind of relentless press on is a fallacy.

Lastly- - this was a poor group of ref's all around- not that it had any effect on the outcome.

who were the refs.

Rose, Rengering and an African American female that I do not know

End of 1st quarter - 10 team fouls for one, 9 for another

End of 1st half - 30 total fouls, both teams in double bonus basically entire 2nd quarter

Score at half - 48-22

Final score - 79-34

Outcome in 2nd quarter and definitely by half was never in doubt. Villa had 5 FGs entire game and made 24 FTs. St. Henry did press hard the entire 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter was more a lazy full court man to man.

Paul rotate his starters and a second group of 5 religiously through first 3 quarters. Starters began fourth quarter, then came next 5, the last group of 5 (guessing JV) finished the last 3-4 minutes.

But to be honest, and for whatever reason, statement or not, and most St. Henry parents were also in agreement and observing the fact that St. Henry DID pour it on.

who were the refs.

I can tell you the lady official is new to the 9th region but highly regarded. I am friends with Rengering and maybe biased but I think he is a good official. Rose is older but does many Varsity games All in all probably a middle of the road crew.

So it's still okay to press hard when they were up by 20-30? It's okay for the crowd in the stands go crazy and stand up when they scored when they're up by 35+? So a man to man full court isn't a press? They were hard core pressing the entire game.

So it's still okay to press hard when they were up by 20-30? It's okay for the crowd and in the stands go crazy and stand up when they score one point when they're up by 35+? So a man to man full court isn't a press? They were hard core pressing the entire game. The entire game Villa's PG was being doubled-tripled teamed trying to bring the ball up the court. Even when they were up 40 in the second half.

Way too sensitive. Again- they did not play a full pressing trapping press the whole game. They manned up and picked them up full court- but even then not always. I did not agree with the extent of what they were doing and stated that in my first post. But you also made it sound like St Henry had a 50 point lead the whole game and pressed.

As for clapping and cheering when you score a point up 35? Heck yeah- as I'm sure parents and friends may not get to see their 2nd or 3rd string kid play a ton, let alone score- let them cheer! Having said that, the atmosphere was the morgue you'd expect it to be toward the end of the game.