Families to get paid for child making the NCAA finals

TAC

$1,250 to each parent or guardian of players in the Championship game on Monday for travel and meals. The NCAA will provide $3,000 for family members of men and womens basketball players for making it to the final 4 and $4,000 to those in the finals.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

College Football Playoff to help pay parents' travel expenses

The phrase "get paid" is a little loaded. They're going to reimburse documented and justifiable travel expenses under a pretty specific set of guidelines.

I haven't read any articles but by what you are saying above, outstanding. This could lead to an 8 team NCAA football playoff as the biggest complaint is parent expense. (Which is hogwash if you ask me)

I haven't read all the deails, but did they just open pandora's box. Do you now have do this for football, soccer, baseball, vollyball, swimming, etc..... Not that the money is that much or that the NCAA can't afford it, but IF you do it for one sport, I think there should be a level playing field for all. Do you just do D1? What about D2, D3? All have national championships and family members have to travel, etc. at their own expense.

I haven't read any articles but by what you are saying above, outstanding. This could lead to an 8 team NCAA football playoff as the biggest complaint is parent expense. (Which is hogwash if you ask me)

The NCAA is loading up on all their "last-gasp" expenditures that they feel they can hand out to defend themselves against not allowing players to be paid or at least profit from play while in school.

"See? Look at all the things we do for our student-athletes!"

The NCAA is loading up on all their "last-gasp" expenditures that they feel they can hand out to defend themselves against not allowing players to be paid or at least profit from play while in school.

I get what your saying but the thing that I always wonder about, are any of these kids being forced to play football or basketball?

If someone had said that you had to work 20 hours or so a week through college but your education was free and you'd leave college without any debt and a degree would you have taken that deal?

I get what your saying but the thing that I always wonder about, are any of these kids being forced to play football or basketball?

If someone had said that you had to work 20 hours or so a week through college but your education was free and you'd leave college without any debt and a degree would you have taken that deal?

Well, I did work 20 hours or more per week in college and left with no debt but I had an academic scholarship.

Of course, I got paid for the 20 hours and nobody was ever offering me $25 bucks a pop to sign copies of my term papers that I then had to turn down.

I'm fine with that. The majority get something free and the majority of football and basketball pay nothing for 4 years.

College Football Playoff to help pay parents' travel expenses

The phrase "get paid" is a little loaded. They're going to reimburse documented and justifiable travel expenses under a pretty specific set of guidelines.

Thanks Getslow, this answered the question that I was going to ask. So if the parent doesn't go, nothing happens. If they choose to go, they can be reimbursed for the expense.

I do think its a good thing but will be interested to see how it develops.

Well, I did work 20 hours or more per week in college and left with no debt but I had an academic scholarship.

Of course, I got paid for the 20 hours and nobody was ever offering me $25 bucks a pop to sign copies of my term papers that I then had to turn down.

20 hours a week without a scholarship wouldn't have paid for your degree though.