Families to get paid for child making the NCAA finals

TAC

TAC, you're way off on this one. This isn't paying players. Are we to assume that the link that Getslow posted is the same article you read?

The article says "up to". No way the NCAA is sending a check to each family for $3K. If you drive to the game instead of fly then you aren't getting reimbursed for a plane ticket. I can't see what the big deal is. They make millions on these championships and have finally made a decision that positively impacts someone besides the NCAA and it's still a problem?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TAC, you're way off on this one. This isn't paying players. Are we to assume that the link that Getslow posted is the same article you read?

The article says "up to". No way the NCAA is sending a check to each family for $3K. If you drive to the game instead of fly then you aren't getting reimbursed for a plane ticket. I can't see what the big deal is. They make millions on these championships and have finally made a decision that positively impacts someone besides the NCAA and it's still a problem?

Yes Crash, I read the article and read all the posts on this thread. Big companies (NCAA) make lots of money and it's just not fair. Wonder who will be driving to the game if they are getting $1,500 to fly there? Not this cat. I'm getting a first class seat.

Two words: Credit cards

1 word-poor

2 words-bad credit

3 words-can't get credit

Not everyone has credit cards, nor does everyone have credit cards with the limits that it would take to take a family on a trip like that.

Room rates are jacked up, I'm 100% certain. And when I say jacked up, I mean you'll probably have to pay over $100 for Motel 6.

1 word-poor

2 words-bad credit

3 words-can't get credit

Not everyone has credit cards, nor does everyone have credit cards with the limits that it would take to take a family on a trip like that.

Room rates are jacked up, I'm 100% certain. And when I say jacked up, I mean you'll probably have to pay over $100 for Motel 6.

Credit Card companies are pretty much giving the things away these days. Pretty much anyone can get a card with a $2,500-$3,000 limit.

Credit Card companies are pretty much giving the things away these days. Pretty much anyone can get a card with a $2,500-$3,000 limit.

You REALLY have no idea how the "other half" lives. I'm happy for you that you aren't in a position to know personally, but it doesn't excuse not being aware of the struggles some very real, honest, hardworking people face.

You REALLY have no idea how the "other half" lives. I'm happy for you that you aren't in a position to know personally, but it doesn't excuse not being aware of the struggles some very real, honest, hardworking people face.

I was about to post this same thing. Some people are out of touch.