Happy Festivus

Just Jim

I hate wrapping gifts.

No matter how hard I try, somebody will be disappointed on Christmas.

No, store clerk, I do not want to receive emails from you, I do not want to donate a dollar, and I don't want my receipt emailed to me. Now please just give me my gift and receipt so I can move on!

Who invented Stocking Stuffers? Isn't there enough junk under the tree already?

I went to get donuts this morning for the office, nice Christmas gesture I thought, plus I wanted some. Mind you its just after 7am and the Dunkin Doughnuts by the office is out of pretty much everything, but specifically no glazed donuts of any kind. After pondering for a minute (and admittedly scrambling my brain to figure out what the goons in my office will eat) I start saying, 3 of these, 3 of those, 3 of that, 3 of this. Then I lost my filter for a moment and blurted out,

"How can you be out of a basic glazed doughnut at 7am, people are off, shopping and stuff and your out of a basic doughnut at 7am, bad management, very bad management." Turns out the manager was taking my order. I have no doubt then when I said Merry Christmas to him as I was leaving, he was saying something not so nice in his mind back to me.