Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Congrats To Trinity Winning 4A State In Powerlfting

Featured Replies

Why is it always an "unlevel playing field" when a private school wins but a "nonissue"when a private school does not win?

As it is said "You can't reason with the unreasonable or make sense out of the unsensible".

 

That would be rule number B55346794059382821939474 in the handbook :D

 

And if you want to know what B55346794059382821939474 rule states see below what came from the handbook.....

Rule#B55346794059382821939474 states..It's just not fair if a private school wins. :thumb:

 

 

BTW...Congrats T on your win!!!!

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel that what I spoke of is an issue at all times so your statement is invalid in this case, Yes I am proud of those public schools that win and those private schools, I do understand that it takes a level of commitment to win regardless, but I still feel it is an issue. I have never once said it was not an issue nor will I ever. So quoting me does not support your statement. You are entitled to your opinion but please do not include me an a blanket statement such as this. I could just as easily call you unreasonable or unsensible.

 

Lets say one day I send my son to a private school that has some great athletic programs, I drive him 60 miles everyday and pay 2000 a year to send him there for this superior experience. I am still not going to sit here and act like my sons team does not have an advantage or a different set of rules over a public school if the current rules exist. I am not going to act like I could drive him 60 miles and send him to another public school and he would be eligible. I am not going to act like if he got tired of private school after playing varsity his junior year that he would not have to sit out his senior year at a public school district where he lives at currently. I am not going to act like I sent him there for academic reasons and I am not going to act like everyone who doesn't believe in the private schools in unsensible of unreasonable..........But thats just me.

 

Again congratulations, to the Weightlifters, I hope this discussion has not downplayed your hard work in winning the title.

 

Love and goodwill to all. Amen!

I feel that what I spoke of is an issue at all times so your statement is invalid in this case, Yes I am proud of those public schools that win and those private schools, I do understand that it takes a level of commitment to win regardless, but I still feel it is an issue. I have never once said it was not an issue nor will I ever. So quoting me does not support your statement. You are entitled to your opinion but please do not include me an a blanket statement such as this. I could just as easily call you unreasonable or unsensible.

 

Lets say one day I send my son to a private school that has some great athletic programs, I drive him 60 miles everyday and pay 2000 a year to send him there for this superior experience. I am still not going to sit here and act like my sons team does not have an advantage or a different set of rules over a public school if the current rules exist. I am not going to act like I could drive him 60 miles and send him to another public school and he would be eligible. I am not going to act like if he got tired of private school after playing varsity his junior year that he would not have to sit out his senior year at a public school district where he lives at currently. I am not going to act like I sent him there for academic reasons and I am not going to act like everyone who doesn't believe in the private schools in unsensible of unreasonable..........But thats just me.

 

Again congratulations, to the Weightlifters, I hope this discussion has not downplayed your hard work in winning the title.

 

Love and goodwill to all. Amen!

Any additional info on that great school for two grand? The fact is you are wrong on many of your points. The number of Catholic grade school kids that attend public high schools far out number the reverse. In addition, any kid that chooses to leave a private school to attend a public most likely wouldn't suffer under the current rules. He would simply have to show that the program at the new school is a better fit for his future plans or claim a financial hardship. I haven't seen many kids switch in this direction but I also haven't seen any where the rule was enforced. The sports are for the kids, let them all play where they want. A few weeks ago the CJ had an article about prop 20 and almost all of the kids in the public schools did not support the split. If you really are so concerned about "level playing fields" I suggest you get involved with a T-ball team.

I feel that what I spoke of is an issue at all times so your statement is invalid in this case, Yes I am proud of those public schools that win and those private schools, I do understand that it takes a level of commitment to win regardless, but I still feel it is an issue. I have never once said it was not an issue nor will I ever. So quoting me does not support your statement. You are entitled to your opinion but please do not include me an a blanket statement such as this. I could just as easily call you unreasonable or unsensible.

 

Lets say one day I send my son to a private school that has some great athletic programs, I drive him 60 miles everyday and pay 2000 a year to send him there for this superior experience. I am still not going to sit here and act like my sons team does not have an advantage or a different set of rules over a public school if the current rules exist. I am not going to act like I could drive him 60 miles and send him to another public school and he would be eligible.

 

 

 

Your post has a number of invalid assumptions. I correct them for you because you seem open minded, and if you form your beliefs on factual assumptions, you may change your mind.

 

1. Many Catholics around Jefferson County (T in this post) drive 60 miles or more daily to transport their son. None pays the $2000 you posit. It is more like $8000 annually, not counting books, meals, etc.

 

2. "My son’s team does not have an advantage or a different set of rules over a public school if the current rules exist". The advantage does not exist!--

 

In your hypothesis, your son attends and plays at a private school where the taxpayer has provided you with nothing. If he attended a public institution, the taxpayer has provided him with everything: classrooms, basketball arena, football stadium (as opposed to X, a school that has never had a stadium), books, etc. Then, if the public school wants its free, taxpayer provided stadium to be nicer than T's, the public school can do as T did-have alums, students and parents chip in and build it. The only current rule that even remotely inures to the private’s favor is the publics ban on open enrollment, and this is a rule the publics imposed on themselves. Why should privates embrace this rule-it merely stifles competition between schools, insuring that inferior schools do not have to compete, academically or athletically.

 

If there is an institutional advantage, it is to the publics. The sole private school advantage is the massive enrollment advantage X and T enjoy over every other school in boys sports- including other private schools!

Well I guess we can all just agree to disagree, sorry to misquote the price to attend private school.

Is that 8000 dollars ,for in state as well as out of state residents?

Is that 8000 dollars ,for in state as well as out of state residents?

What difference does it make, its a private school. In-state and out-of-state tuition only varies among public schools due to an offset created by paying taxes. I'm guessing that your post wasn't really a question.

Is that 8000 dollars ,for in state as well as out of state residents?

 

Actually, out of state athletes pay nothing to attend private schools. In fact, we have special "busses" to pick up and drop off all our out of state athletes. How jealous are you now? :flame: Here's a picture of the bus:

hummer1.jpg

^ you should have included the crew of three that each bus has that tends to the needs of the students. It's a crying shame they had to cut back to 3 this year... 4 was much nicer.

How about we start a new thread if we want to discuss Powerlifting, or the accomplishments of the Rocks? This one has wandered too far off track.

 

Congratulations PowerRocks! :dancingpa

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.