Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Congrats To Trinity Winning 4A State In Powerlfting

Featured Replies

Stuff happens like St.X will go for a 3rd straight National high school Powerlifting title in Iowa this June. My qusetion was already answered in an earlier thread.

How are such meets sanctioned? Seems strange that the Tigers can't seem to win their own state but seem to dominate the rest of the country. Maybe its like all the "national champion" dance teams that we see at halftimes. Has any girls school not won the "national" title?

:lol:

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I'm not mistaken Trinity has won a "national" title in powerlifying recently.

How are such meets sanctioned? Seems strange that the Tigers can't seem to win their own state but seem to dominate the rest of the country. Maybe its like all the "national champion" dance teams that we see at halftimes. Has any girls school not won the "national" title?

:lol:

 

I am unaware of the sanctioning process. I am aware that several individual national records have been set by the X-men in these competitions. The rationale for X lifting in the nationals was provided above by CharlieWeiss (see post above). It is not a matter of "the Tigers can't seem to win their own state but seem to dominate the rest of the country." Instead, "Most programs have dropped the "powerlifting" emphasis for more Olympic based or explosive lifts like Bench, Power Clean, and Parallel Squat." (See CW, above post). A few years ago X's first string wrestlers only wrestled in Indiana during regular season ( the second and third string wrestled in Kentucky). It wasn't because "the Tigers can't seem to win their own state but seem to dominate the rest of"...Indiana. They won state in Kentucky twice. By the way, they were often defeated in Indiana!:D

You must have watched our non-genetically recreated super star athletes. You know, the kids that come from all over the nation to attend Trinity. Wait until you see our real team lift. :D

 

 

Don't take my post the wrong way, I am a prop 20 supporter and I do not doubt that most of the kids on the powerlifting team were once members of other schools.

Don't take my post the wrong way, I am a prop 20 supporter and I do not doubt that most of the kids on the powerlifting team were once members of other schools.

Please name even ONE member of the team that ever attended any other high school. Trinity receives very few transfers.

Please name even ONE member of the team that ever attended any other high school. Trinity receives very few transfers.

 

 

I do not want to turn this into a private/public debate, I gave the weight lifting team and their coaches a congrats, and I felt what I said was turned into some kind of statement that I did not want to be associated with, lets leave it a that. Then you guys can fight out your crusade in another forum.

I do not want to turn this into a private/public debate, I gave the weight lifting team and their coaches a congrats, and I felt what I said was turned into some kind of statement that I did not want to be associated with, lets leave it a that. Then you guys can fight out your crusade in another forum.

I didn't think you could support your earlier statement. It's always easier to make a charge than it is to back it up.

Where did they go to middle school? where do they live? when you can list that information for each of the kids on the team along with their names. Then you might see where I am coming from. But then again you probably wont. Again guys Prop 20 supporters such as myself are not frowning on your way of life or your schools; we simply are wanting to compete on a level playing feild which we feel is not present under the current situation.

Where did they go to middle school? where do they live? when you can list that information for each of the kids on the team along with their names. Then you might see where I am coming from. But then again you probably wont. Again guys Prop 20 supporters such as myself are not frowning on your way of life or your schools; we simply are wanting to compete on a level playing feild which we feel is not present under the current situation.

Wow! That is an eye-opener.:eek:

Where did they go to middle school? where do they live? when you can list that information for each of the kids on the team along with their names. Then you might see where I am coming from. But then again you probably wont. Again guys Prop 20 supporters such as myself are not frowning on your way of life or your schools; we simply are wanting to compete on a level playing feild which we feel is not present under the current situation.

 

 

To be fully open to debate, the same information would need to be provided for public school athletes and their "middle school" history.

 

I'll bet you find a lot more private grade school products on public school rosters than the reverse. I have no problem with that. But I don't think that disclosure of the school history of private school athletes is in order unless the reverse applies and is open for comparison.

Again guys Prop 20 supporters such as myself are not frowning on your way of life or your schools; we simply are wanting to compete on a level playing feild which we feel is not present under the current situation.

Why is it always an "unlevel playing field" when a private school wins but a "nonissue" when a private school does not win?

As it is said "You can't reason with the unreasonable or make sense out of the unsensible".

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.