Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Congrats To Trinity Winning 4A State In Powerlfting

Featured Replies

Trinity won 4A and over all championship for the 5th time in a row:dancingpa

3A- Madisonville

2A- Trigg. co

1A- Russell co.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real impressive lifters at this meet. A kid from Russellville (165 lb) attempted a 605 lb deadlift. Got it off the ground just didn't finish. a very well run competition with 433 lifters and 28 schools represented. Finished with 600 lb. lift and 250 lb. bench.

Congrats Rocko's.... The Big Dawg has to be proud of his men again this year!

Any word on who got the silver or bronze?

McGee from Trigg benched 435lbs

McGee from Trigg benched 435lbs

His bench press broke Jeremy Caudill's (Prestonsburg) old record of 430 in 2000.

His bench press broke Jeremy Caudill's (Philadelphia Eagles) old record of 430 in 2000.

 

:D..

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: Trigg County very impressive. Where was X?

I may get villified for this but I think that powerlifiting has its benefits and its problems.....for example I think that those that play both football and powerlift for Trinity have really lost quite a bit of their natural explosiveness. I like for our guys to be strong, but I want them to remain quick and explosive, which does not happen with our powerlifting team.

I may get villified for this but I think that powerlifiting has its benefits and its problems.....for example I think that those that play both football and powerlift for Trinity have really lost quite a bit of their natural explosiveness. I like for our guys to be strong, but I want them to remain quick and explosive, which does not happen with our powerlifting team.

While I think this WAS a problem of the past, there are a lot of programs that DO NOT incorporate good flexability and agility moves with the heavy lifting. With a strength coach like Bob Maddox, I would not expect that to be a problem. Not only is Maddox experienced in strength training, he is well versed in the application of strength training in athletes (specifically football). I would feel that there is a problem with some strength coach that is not of a football background. Our program incorporates an agility program that includes working the hip flexors to increase the explosiveness in football specific movements. Kicking legs over hurdles and squatting under hurdles as well as box jumps and other drills to improve quickness. Everybody has their preferences as far as what type of program they believe is best so you see alot of different things being done. I would never want to go back to the "stone age" and think that you cannot lift weights and be athletic, although I still tell players about "when I played".:D

:jump: I would Listen to BIG BULL he doesnt know what he is talking about.:D :thumb:

Congrat ROCKS. Hard work does pay off. Good Job.....

What were some of the big lifts?

I may get villified for this but I think that powerlifiting has its benefits and its problems.....for example I think that those that play both football and powerlift for Trinity have really lost quite a bit of their natural explosiveness. I like for our guys to be strong, but I want them to remain quick and explosive, which does not happen with our powerlifting team.
On a similar vein, I think the relationship between these two sports gets way overblown, especially on the high school level. Give me a team of trackrunners over powerlifters any day of the week.

 

Congrats to the winners though.

^ me too....Male has made a living of it.

^ me too....Male has made a living of it.

Give me a track guy versus a player that powerlifted and weight trained as a football player in high school and I'll take odds on the experienced lifter to make it through a college playing career. (Successfully) My point in saying this is, too many kids that DO get to play at most any level of college, are overwhelmed with the strength programs when they arrive in college. The speedsters that are remotely experienced in the weight room stand a much better chance of making the transition to college football player. I state this with all due respect to Male High School players, they have produced many heralded D-1 players in recent years so I am not trying to knock speed and sheer athletic ability. Tony Driver, Barclay, Bush, Montrell Jones, Sergio, Travis Waters, Brandyn Brown, NOW Beaumont! I would like to hear the perspective those guys have on getting comfortable in the weightroom at Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Tennessee, and Louisville.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.