1. 1. Classes in Basketball

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never!

Especially in the 9th Region. Since 1937, when the local schools basically started playing solely in the 9th, All A schools have won 43.5% of the regional titles, proving that they can compete. The smaller schools D

ON'T want classes. They have the best of both worlds now with the All A Tourny & The State Tournament.

I would have voted for C but it was not an option so I instead voted no. The Sweet "16" is about all comers going for one trophy.

How would Paintsville have felt when they won the post season Class A tournament 1996? No one would have ever known if they could have beat Ashland.

When Mason won it in 2003 how would they have known if they were better than Ballard?

They wouldn't. Because they would not have settled it on the court.

im like you if a small school won the state tournament it would just take away from them because they dont know how good they would have been against the bigger schools.....and it would take away from teh prestige of winning the state tournament

A 4 class system would ruin basketball in KY . You have a system that has worked well for many years so don't mess with it. There are about 50% of schools in KY that qualify for the ALL A tourney so that gives the smaller schools a chance to compete with schools their size. The Sweet 16 is something that is special to alot of people.

A 4 class system would ruin basketball in KY . You have a system that has worked well for many years so don't mess with it. There are about 50% of schools in KY that qualify for the ALL A tourney so that gives the smaller schools a chance to compete with schools their size. The Sweet 16 is something that is special to alot of people.

A four class system in Kentucky would not ruin basketball. I will agree that it would ruin the sweet 16. Most people that are against class basketball are not against classes, but they are against doing away with the State tournament. I am mixed on this argument. While I like the system as it is, I also think that a class system would work in Kentucky. Yes, the state tournament would never be the same, but that is 4 days a year. Most coaches would agree that Kentucky basketball is a year round sport, but in most years only probably 15-20 schools go into a season with serious hopes of winning a State Championship. I would argue that if Kentucky would go to a class system, as many as 60-80 school would carry that belief. Could this be a reason why Kentucky high school talent is at an all-time low? I don't know, but by putting the largest schools in a class by themselves, it would prevent the watering down of their competition, thus making them better. Again, I like our current system, but can see the reasoning behind a class system. The one thing I would like to see is consistentency in Kentucky. Why do we class some sports (Cross Country, Track) while others are not?