Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Classes in Basketball

Classes in Basketball 136 members have voted

  1. 1. Classes in Basketball

    • Yes
      31%
      43
    • No
      68%
      93

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Isn't the "All A" set up for this very reason?

 

That was my Question.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

After reading about this topic, along with the private/public debate for several months now; I recently had an opportunity to gain a unique perspective I (and I think many, many others) have overlooked--I asked a kid!!

 

The response I got was very enlightening, and somewhat unexpected!! The response was from a KY basketball player from a smaller "class A" school, the very student athlete multiple class supporters say would benefit most from classifing basketball. His response (which he also said was a widely held viewpoint on his team) was while they repected and appreciated the All A, and would be thrilled to win it; they wished to be judged by competing against the best competition in the state, and would feel less than satisfied with a class 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. title--"We want to be THE state champion, not part of a group of champions"!!!! Further went on to say that "what good would it be to be the class one or two champ, if you're only the 40th or 50th best team in the state"??

 

Kind of opened my eyes as to who is all this arguement really for, the student athlete/players or their adult parents/supporters????

After reading about this topic, along with the private/public debate for several months now; I recently had an opportunity to gain a unique perspective I (and I think many, many others) have overlooked--I asked a kid!!

 

The response I got was very enlightening, and somewhat unexpected!! The response was from a KY basketball player from a smaller "class A" school, the very student athlete multiple class supporters say would benefit most from classifing basketball. His response (which he also said was a widely held viewpoint on his team) was while they repected and appreciated the All A, and would be thrilled to win it; they wished to be judged by competing against the best competition in the state, and would feel less than satisfied with a class 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. title--"We want to be THE state champion, not part of a group of champions"!!!! Further went on to say that "what good would it be to be the class one or two champ, if you're only the 40th or 50th best team in the state"??

 

Kind of opened my eyes as to who is all this arguement really for, the student athlete/players or their adult parents/supporters????

 

I think if you polled every kid who participated this season the majority would state the same.

I say no. Why ruin a good thing.

I agree 110% Why make a big deal out of something that is great already? It is the "Greatest Show On Earth," why change that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.