Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama...

Featured Replies

Isn't very good this year. This season's ranking is based on their reputation in years past. They are backing their way into a one point win over Arkansas right now that they'll be lucky to get, and having watched this game, they've been sooooooooo sloppy that it's unreal. Look at the number of penalties. 3rd & 1 with 1:00 left and they need to run the ball for a first down to seal it, but they're called for a false start.

Isn't very good this year. This season's ranking is based on their reputation in years past. They are backing their way into a one point win over Arkansas right now that they'll be lucky to get, and having watched this game, they've been sooooooooo sloppy that it's unreal. Look at the number of penalties. 3rd & 1 with 1:00 left and they need to run the ball for a first down to seal it, but they're called for a false start.

 

False start actually helped them keep from running a 4th down play. Bama isn't what they were a few years ago, but they still have a shot at the playoff and will win 10 games.

They still have a pretty stout defense which makes them pretty dang good. There's a reason Simms is a first year starter as a 5th year senior

They're good; just not what we've been used to seeing lately.

I never thought I would see an Alabama Team shut down running the ball the way they were today.

 

Alabama doesn't seem to have that "Freak" game breaking athlete that they normally have two or three of on both sides of the ball this season.

For a while it looked like Arkansas was going to win. Announcers said that Alabama had been ranked in the Top Ten for eleventy billion (well, maybe 56) weeks straight and that Arkansas had been winless in the conference for 14 games.

 

Bama made lots of little mistakes and never could get the running game going.

I'll bet Alabama Larry and The Bear are getting things figured out as we type. They'll be watching film all night!

  • Author

Amari Cooper is a stud.

 

Lane Kiffin fails upward more than anyone I"ve seen. I legitimately don't know what Saban was thinking.

False start actually helped them keep from running a 4th down play. Bama isn't what they were a few years ago, but they still have a shot at the playoff and will win 10 games.

 

If that was applied correctly - and I have no reason to think it wasn't - it highlights a loophole that I have thought about for YEARS. If you're playing a team that can't call a timeout and you're trying to run out the clock, why don't you simply false start over, and over, and over again? If the clock keeps running every time, I'd never let you have the ball back. I don't care if it takes 10 false starts, I won't let you have the ball if you are out of timeouts.

If that was applied correctly - and I have no reason to think it wasn't - it highlights a loophole that I have thought about for YEARS. If you're playing a team that can't call a timeout and you're trying to run out the clock, why don't you simply false start over, and over, and over again? If the clock keeps running every time, I'd never let you have the ball back. I don't care if it takes 10 false starts, I won't let you have the ball if you are out of timeouts.

 

I've said this for years as well.

Amari Cooper is a stud.

 

Lane Kiffin fails upward more than anyone I"ve seen. I legitimately don't know what Saban was thinking.

 

Yeah Cooper is they just seem to forget he's on the team for long stretches.

I've said this for years as well.

 

I think it should be part of the rule that if the team that is leading does it, the clock stops. If the trailing team does it, you keep it running.

I think it should be part of the rule that if the team that is leading does it, the clock stops. If the trailing team does it, you keep it running.

 

Makes too much sense.

"Isn't very good" would be absurd.. They are a top 10 team for sure.

Their secondary is terrible. Landon Collins can only do so much. Offensively, they're actually pretty good. If Drake didn't break his leg it would be better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.