Alabama...

JokersWild24

Isn't very good this year. This season's ranking is based on their reputation in years past. They are backing their way into a one point win over Arkansas right now that they'll be lucky to get, and having watched this game, they've been sooooooooo sloppy that it's unreal. Look at the number of penalties. 3rd & 1 with 1:00 left and they need to run the ball for a first down to seal it, but they're called for a false start.

Isn't very good this year. This season's ranking is based on their reputation in years past. They are backing their way into a one point win over Arkansas right now that they'll be lucky to get, and having watched this game, they've been sooooooooo sloppy that it's unreal. Look at the number of penalties. 3rd & 1 with 1:00 left and they need to run the ball for a first down to seal it, but they're called for a false start.

False start actually helped them keep from running a 4th down play. Bama isn't what they were a few years ago, but they still have a shot at the playoff and will win 10 games.

For a while it looked like Arkansas was going to win. Announcers said that Alabama had been ranked in the Top Ten for eleventy billion (well, maybe 56) weeks straight and that Arkansas had been winless in the conference for 14 games.

Bama made lots of little mistakes and never could get the running game going.

False start actually helped them keep from running a 4th down play. Bama isn't what they were a few years ago, but they still have a shot at the playoff and will win 10 games.

If that was applied correctly - and I have no reason to think it wasn't - it highlights a loophole that I have thought about for YEARS. If you're playing a team that can't call a timeout and you're trying to run out the clock, why don't you simply false start over, and over, and over again? If the clock keeps running every time, I'd never let you have the ball back. I don't care if it takes 10 false starts, I won't let you have the ball if you are out of timeouts.

If that was applied correctly - and I have no reason to think it wasn't - it highlights a loophole that I have thought about for YEARS. If you're playing a team that can't call a timeout and you're trying to run out the clock, why don't you simply false start over, and over, and over again? If the clock keeps running every time, I'd never let you have the ball back. I don't care if it takes 10 false starts, I won't let you have the ball if you are out of timeouts.

I've said this for years as well.