Steelers 30 Browns 27

Lol, come on NKU...So it's the punters fault for putting himself in the way of Brown's leg????? Now that is the worst defense I've heard yet lol. It's the punters fault for being on the field is what you are saying.

I'm prefacing this post with the fact that my first post should have ended with the word initially but I left it out somehow.

That is not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the punter looks like he's going to go forward and low at the legs. Brown goes to hurdle. Punter thinks twice about going low and starts to come up and backward. At that point then Brown made the decision to extend the leg to the face.

I don't think Brown went into the hurdle with the idea of kicking the punter in the face but when the punter went backwards he decided to do it. If the punter stays going low, he gets hurdled. Not blaming the punter for the incident (the blame rests solely with Brown) but I don't think it was until he pulled up in front of Brown's hurdle that the decision was made to kick him in the face.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude is uninjured. It wasn't premeditated. It was penalized. It should be fined. I probably should be fined too, because I laughed when it happened and every time I watched it after the fact. Perhaps I should be maimed.

I laughed and I'm smiling thinking of the Karate Kid video. When you say premeditated I can somewhat agree with that. I think he didn't plan to kick him until he was airborne. :lol2:

I laughed and I'm smiling thinking of the Karate Kid video. When you say premeditated I can somewhat agree with that. I think he didn't plan to kick him until he was airborne. :lol2:

I don't even think he planned on doing it when he initially went airborne...

Watching it, I thought that Brown was thinking the punter was going to dive at his feet and try to trip him, then was kind of stuck in the air when he didn't.

In high school, hurdling is a penalty (at least in the Alabama HS game I saw a few weeks ago). Could it be coming soon in the pros?

Looking at the injury like Jahvid Best took while at Cal, I can see the league stepping in if someone gets seriously hurt.

Put me on the side that says his kick was not an accident. Regardless of why he was in the air he made the conscious decision to kick the punter.

Agreed. He jumped to hurdle, but when he saw that wasn't going to work he drew his leg back and powered through the punters face...

I'm prefacing this post with the fact that my first post should have ended with the word initially but I left it out somehow.

That is not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the punter looks like he's going to go forward and low at the legs. Brown goes to hurdle. Punter thinks twice about going low and starts to come up and backward. At that point then Brown made the decision to extend the leg to the face.

I don't think Brown went into the hurdle with the idea of kicking the punter in the face but when the punter went backwards he decided to do it. If the punter stays going low, he gets hurdled. Not blaming the punter for the incident (the blame rests solely with Brown) but I don't think it was until he pulled up in front of Brown's hurdle that the decision was made to kick him in the face.

When I watch the video, here is my first and still only thought. There was no browns to the side of the punter but there were several steelers leading to block for the Brown so why not simply run around the punter? There was no one there to tackle him, he was gone and would of scored a TD. Instead he went right for the punter and he left his feet with only one thing in his mind, to punish the punter because....he was the punter. Why else would he go at him like he did, he made no attempt what so ever to avoid the tackle and instead actually ran toward him.

Brown should be given 2 games suspension, that is what Rice got for hitting a girl, so Brown should get the same for doing the same :)

When I watch the video, here is my first and still only thought. There was no browns to the side of the punter but there were several steelers leading to block for the Brown so why not simply run around the punter? There was no one there to tackle him, he was gone and would of scored a TD. Instead he went right for the punter and he left his feet with only one thing in his mind, to punish the punter because....he was the punter. Why else would he go at him like he did, he made no attempt what so ever to avoid the tackle and instead actually ran toward him.

Brown should be given 2 games suspension, that is what Rice got for hitting a girl, so Brown should get the same for doing the same :)

Hey HB let me let you in on a secret, hurdling is an attempt to avoid a tackle... And why didn't he try to cut around him? My guess is because if the punter is going low you have less chance of being tripped by going over him than you do trying to make a cut around him where he can reach an arm out and make a shoestring tackle.

And lets ignore the fact of the two Browns players that end up tackling him. You know the one that came from the left and the one that came from the right...