Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 30 Browns 27

Featured Replies

Also what is it with the Steelers and their cheap shots on punters? Remember Huber anyone?

 

If a punter is trying to make a tackle, he is fair game like anybody else. When you stick your nose in the middle of a kick return, be prepared to be smacked. The idea that punters should be treated any differently is stupid.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no question he should be and will be fined heavily.

So you think there was zero chance he tried to hurdle the punter, something we see players do all the time. Yet you believe he 100% purposely kicked him in the head. Are you serious?

 

He is serious, which is hilarious. :lol2:

There's no question he should be and will be fined heavily.

 

Should he be fined? Maybe... Not sure I totally agree with that. But heavily? No way...

Should he be fined? Maybe... Not sure I totally agree with that. But heavily? No way...

 

I guess by "heavily" I mean more than the bare minimum for kicking(there is a schedule of fines for various penalties) . I think the NFL will take a stand on this one.

Put me on the side that says his kick was not an accident. Regardless of why he was in the air he made the conscious decision to kick the punter.

I guess by "heavily" I mean more than the bare minimum for kicking(there is a schedule of fines for various penalties) . I think the NFL will take a stand on this one.

 

Gotcha.

Highland's Mike Mitchell had 7 tackles for the Steelers.

 

In run support.......20yds down field.

Put me on the side that says his kick was not an accident. Regardless of why he was in the air he made the conscious decision to kick the punter.

 

Agreed. He jumped to hurdle, but when he saw that wasn't going to work he drew his leg back and powered through the punters face...

Note to Punters: Just get out of the way.

Agreed. He jumped to hurdle, but when he saw that wasn't going to work he drew his leg back and powered through the punters face...

 

Agreed.

Similar to watching a pitcher hit in MLB, no one wants to watch a kicker try to tackle someone. Let them kick then get off the field and either put a real football player in his place or let the kicking team play with 10. They pretty much are anyway.

The league has to do something and send a message or folks are going to start getting kicked 3,4 times a game.

I'm a Bengals fan so defending the Steelers isn't something I do often but it did look like Brown went to hurdle the punter who looked like he was going low then the punter thought twice about going low and started going backwards which put him in the way of Brown's leg. So I don't think his intent was to kick him in the face.

Lol, come on NKU...So it's the punters fault for putting himself in the way of Brown's leg????? Now that is the worst defense I've heard yet lol. It's the punters fault for being on the field is what you are saying.

Put me on the side that says his kick was not an accident. Regardless of why he was in the air he made the conscious decision to kick the punter.

This

Agreed. He jumped to hurdle, but when he saw that wasn't going to work he drew his leg back and powered through the punters face...

and this

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.