Steelers 30 Browns 27

Also what is it with the Steelers and their cheap shots on punters? Remember Huber anyone?

If a punter is trying to make a tackle, he is fair game like anybody else. When you stick your nose in the middle of a kick return, be prepared to be smacked. The idea that punters should be treated any differently is stupid.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should he be fined? Maybe... Not sure I totally agree with that. But heavily? No way...

I guess by "heavily" I mean more than the bare minimum for kicking(there is a schedule of fines for various penalties) . I think the NFL will take a stand on this one.

Put me on the side that says his kick was not an accident. Regardless of why he was in the air he made the conscious decision to kick the punter.

Agreed. He jumped to hurdle, but when he saw that wasn't going to work he drew his leg back and powered through the punters face...

I'm a Bengals fan so defending the Steelers isn't something I do often but it did look like Brown went to hurdle the punter who looked like he was going low then the punter thought twice about going low and started going backwards which put him in the way of Brown's leg. So I don't think his intent was to kick him in the face.

Lol, come on NKU...So it's the punters fault for putting himself in the way of Brown's leg????? Now that is the worst defense I've heard yet lol. It's the punters fault for being on the field is what you are saying.

Put me on the side that says his kick was not an accident. Regardless of why he was in the air he made the conscious decision to kick the punter.

This

Agreed. He jumped to hurdle, but when he saw that wasn't going to work he drew his leg back and powered through the punters face...

and this