September 8, 201412 yr One last question NKU, have you ever seen the NBA slam dunk competition? You know when a player decides to dunk over top someone, what do they do? They jump over the person or the object by spreading their legs, same as many foot all players have done when "hurdling" a player, they don't jump pointing their foot at the target and expect to jump over the player. It's just not how it's done. If he wanted to avoid him in the air all he had to do was the splits and he is over the punter. No attempt to avoid him in the air at all. How many of these guys did the splits over the defenders they hurdled? Or these guys...? How many of them DIDN'T lead with one foot or the other, and as you said, "did the splits" over the defender?
September 8, 201412 yr I'm absolutely touched that Hellbird cares so deeply about the safety of punters to raise such a big ruckus over this. Especially the Brown Spots' punter. What noble motivations he has.
September 8, 201412 yr I'm not reading through all of the comments, but there is no way (IMO) the guy jumped with intentions to kick the punter. Looked to me like he just tried to jump over him and didn't make it.
September 8, 201412 yr I'm finished with this thread. Apparently Brown is supposed to be in midair, realize the punter isn't going low like he started to, magically gain more height off the ground to go over him (even though if the punter would've kept going low Brown would have went over him), do the splits (which since he had one foot forward and one back, I think that constitutes the splits because I've never seen an NFL player split their legs sideways during a hurdle), and land on the foot that just made contact with a person (which would basically be stomping on the punters head).
September 8, 201412 yr I'm not reading through all of the comments, but there is no way (IMO) the guy jumped with intentions to kick the punter. Looked to me like he just tried to jump over him and didn't make it. I don't think he had the idea of kicking the punter when he jumped. However, he made a conscious decision in the air to kick the punter.
September 8, 201412 yr I don't think he had the idea of kicking the punter when he jumped. However, he made a conscious decision in the air to kick the punter.This!
September 8, 201412 yr I'm absolutely touched that Hellbird cares so deeply about the safety of punters to raise such a big ruckus over this. Especially the Brown Spots' punter. What noble motivations he has. As much as I'm touched that a steelers fan is defending an attempt at hurting another player. I guess you also cheered the cheap shot and dirty hit put on Huber last year also. Did you defend that hit also? I have a strong feeling you did and saw nothing wrong with that also.
September 9, 201412 yr As much as I'm touched that a steelers fan is defending an attempt at hurting another player. I guess you also cheered the cheap shot and dirty hit put on Huber last year also. Did you defend that hit also? I have a strong feeling you did and saw nothing wrong with that also. I am in complete agreement with you that he kicked him on purpose. However disagree that he was thinking about kicking him as hewas going before he jumped. Everything about his initial jump is the same form someone does when they hurdle someone. However as he was in the air he realized they punted didnt go low and then he changed from trying to hurdle to taking that lead foot and purposely kicking him. Either way it was a dirty play.
September 10, 201412 yr I am in complete agreement with you that he kicked him on purpose. However disagree that he was thinking about kicking him as hewas going before he jumped. Everything about his initial jump is the same form someone does when they hurdle someone. However as he was in the air he realized they punted didnt go low and then he changed from trying to hurdle to taking that lead foot and purposely kicking him. Either way it was a dirty play. I'm watching NFL network right now and they just showed the replay again, what I just noticed is that Brown actually purposely turned to head straight for the punter. He had a straight shot of open field if he continues to run straight ahead by put you see him purposely change direction slightly to go directly toward the punter. Also the Brown who tackled him wasn't I. The front of him and off to the left or right as the steelers fans tried to claim as to why they say Brown couldn't go around the punter, but he was trailing the play, that's right, the guy who made the tackle was BEHIND Brown when he went to kick the punter.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.