How scary is this....

I was thinking about this, and had Holmes not had some misfortunes, this is what their starting 5 COULD have looked like this year.

Mike Hester- PG (now at sk)

Duran Jefferson- 2

Austin HIll- 3

Arrez Henderson- 4

Greg Rice- 5 (no longer with the holmes)

Nate Edmondson and Ryan Luster ( now at ryle) coming off the bench.

This group was undefeated their 7th and 8th grade year averaging 25 point wins before hill and jefferson moved to varsity and hester left for conner where he single handedly led them to the freshman title as a 8th grader. Also Henderson never played with this group and he can do nothing but make them better.

Would this team have lost a game this year or next? :scared: :scared:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this, and had Holmes not had some misfortunes, this is what their starting 5 COULD have looked like this year.

Duran Jefferson- 2

Austin HIll- 3

Arrez Henderson- 4

This group was undefeated their 7th and 8th grade year averaging 25 point wins before hill and jefferson moved to varsity and hester left for conner where he single handedly led them to the freshman title as a 8th grader. Also Henderson never played with this group and he can do nothing but make them better.

Could of, would of, should of, who cares

Could of, would of, should of, who cares

Why don't you give the guy a break? It is really interesting/scary to think about how much talent this team could have had. But the question is, could they have played together as a team and gotten along, which has proven to be a problem this year. I don't think they could've done it, but if it were possible, this team would've been nothing short of dominant in Northern Kentucky.

Duran Jefferson- 2

Austin HIll- 3

Arrez Henderson- 4

Gee this team sounds vaguely familiar?????????? Hhhhuuuuummmmmmmmm--NKY Tarheels!! Other than Henderson and Rice, played together since third grade; and were predicted to win multiple state chamionships--Funny how things work out, as they'll be challenged to get out of the region this year!!

Wanta get real scary, look up the players on the EKY Stars AAU team (never lost to the Tarheels that I'm aware of) of this same age group, and think how good they could have been if they had come together at one school!!!! Can't remember them all, but a few are Billy Blanton, Alex Barker (Fairview), Kasey Clark (Russell), Mitchell Brown, Travis Wright, Drew McDavid (Ashland), Chase Stephens, Robbie Wilcox (Ashland). Billy Walker (North College Hill) and Matt Thomas (Ashland) also played with them; and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Most are still plying their trade in the 16th region. Great group that fortunately for the rest of the teams in the state; went to different high schools!!

Walker played with the All Stars? I don't remember him... weird.

May have been early (10's or 11's--thought he was part of their team that started their championship run of 4-5 years)), but I'm pretty sure he played with them, before he moved on to OJ & Company?? Shooter3X can probably correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes EKY All-Stars were the premier team, followed by the Tar Heels. A year ahead of them was the NKY Rockets who always made a solid showing on the statewide and national level, although all those kids have stayed together at CovCath (although a few do not play any more)

Why don't you give the guy a break? It is really interesting/scary to think about how much talent this team could have had. But the question is, could they have played together as a team and gotten along, which has proven to be a problem this year. I don't think they could've done it, but if it were possible, this team would've been nothing short of dominant in Northern Kentucky.

A lot of programs can say what if. Roberts at Highlands, Hurtt at Scott, Romes at Covcath and so on, just seems kind of pointless.

This group was undefeated their 7th and 8th grade year averaging 25 point wins before hill and jefferson moved to varsity and hester left for conner where he single handedly led them to the freshman title as a 8th grader.

Conner was runner-up.

Actually they played together as a team..Mike Hester was the floor general of this team...he was the one who kept all the egos in check because of how emotional he is and how he played...penetrate and kick to jefferson or edmondson then you had austin simply breaking peoples ankles and no look passes to rice down low that nobody could stop. Everyone was happy playing with eachother...such a shame this group was broke up