Miles Simpson career ends at UK

NKY Bandit

I was thinking a medical redshirt is something different but I am admittedly ignorant to the redshirting process. I hate it for the kid. Not the way anyone would want to end their college career.

Yeah, you hate to see this happen to a good kid. But he will have a degree in hand and I'd be very proud of that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking a medical redshirt is something different but I am admittedly ignorant to the redshirting process. I hate it for the kid. Not the way anyone would want to end their college career.

I am not sure either...

It should be possible unless the staff or Miles just wants to move on. See Casey Keenum as an example when he played QB for Houston from 2006-2011. Casey redshirted in 2006 and then took a medical redshirt and was granted a 6th year of eligibility after tearing his ACL during the 2010 season after 3 games.

A medical redshirt and another year of eligibility should be VERY possible for Miles if he and the staff really wants it.

Tony Pike rule, he could apply for a medic redshirt I think, not a definite it would be granted but he could. Gametime might be a better person on the details of them.

What exactly is the injury. There are some that you just can't play any longer. Maybe that's why no red shirt.

That is more than likely the case here. Hip injuries at that level of play can be catastrophic. I know if there was any chance Miles could play, he probably would take it.

Hate to hear that, I wonder if it was a similar hip injury to Bo Jackson's

I wouldn't think so. Bo's was a complete freak injury, where the bone and tissue just started eating away at itself. I'd hate to think a kid in his early 20's would be facing a hip replacement in a few years.

My guess is that Miles is probably just ready to move on. If he redshirted, I'm not sure his role would have increased (and maybe would have even been diminished..remember, he's not a guy that Stoops brought in or has any commitment to) and probably zero chance of playing in the NFL. College sports, especially at the D1 level (and in the SEC) is a tough grind, and you really have to take a hard look at what the reward would be of playing one more year, especially in what could be a diminished role. He was fun to watch in high school, and one of the reasons I flip on a UK game (Ryan Timmons, Towles and/or Barker now fill that role for me). I hope he follows in his dad's footsteps and gets into coaching.

Had a good high school career, never amounted to much at UK. Always tough to end a career because of an injury. Best of luck to him in the future.

If you can make the playing field at a DI level school, that is amounting to a lot. No, Miles was not the stand out in college as he was in high school, but he still made some big plays and hits at the highest level of college football. I'd say he amounted to most high school football players dreams! Wish him well in his future with his college degree!

If you can make the playing field at a DI level school, that is amounting to a lot. No, Miles was not the stand out in college as he was in high school, but he still made some big plays and hits at the highest level of college football. I'd say he amounted to most high school football players dreams! Wish him well in his future with his college degree!

That's not what he is talking about. Obviously if you make it to D1 you are good and have accomplished something, but it does not make one above critiquing their career.

Edited by bugatti