Miles Simpson career ends at UK

NKY Bandit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that Miles Simpson football career is over due to a hip injury.

Linebacker Miles Simpson’s football career has ended just weeks before the start of his Senior year. UK announced today that a hip injury has forced him to end his football career sooner than anticipated.

One of Kentucky’s best high school running backs, Miles has been on the other side of the ball his entire collegiate career. He excelled in the role of ‘Monster’ safety position as Winston Guy’s replacement, recording 70 tackles in 2012. As Avery Williamson’s backup last season, D.J. Eliot was hoping Miles could mitigate the loss in the middle. The loss leaves the Cats with only a handful of potential inside linebackers. Luckily, the man believed to be the best candidate for the MLB position, Ryan Flannigan (JUCO), will arrive on Campus August 1st.

There is a silver lining in this loss, as Miles plans to graduate in December.

Boy really hate to hear that, the other day I was wondering how he was doing and was looking forward to finding him on the field during the games. I really get a kick out of seeing the NKY boys on the tube. Good luck to him in his future, hope he heals quickly.

I was on KSR looking at the depth chart and was thinking about where he was at and then i saw this posted on there right after the chart was posted. He is a hell of an athlete.

Good to see other NKY boys listed and making some noise. Cole Mosier and Cameron Fogle.

On another note, Cole Mosier from WV is moving up the depth chart at UK.

Will miss seeing Miles wearing the Blue/White.

Is Mosier on scholarship yet? It would really be tragic for something like this to happen to a walk on!

Awesome for Cole, Coach Schlarman loves him.

Cameron Fogle is moving up the depth chart as well.

I am sad to hear the news about Miles, I like many others was looking forward to watching him for one more year.

Great to hear about Cole moving up.

And I'm sure Miles will be roaming the sidelines of a college or high school in the not too distant future. Quality young man.