Miles Simpson career ends at UK

NKY Bandit

If you can make the playing field at a DI level school, that is amounting to a lot. No, Miles was not the stand out in college as he was in high school, but he still made some big plays and hits at the highest level of college football. I'd say he amounted to most high school football players dreams! Wish him well in his future with his college degree!

That's not what he is talking about and you know it. Obviously if you make it to D1 you are good and have accomplished something, but it does not make one above critiquing their career.

There is a nicer way to have said it, but I really don't have a problem with the comment. Take Chane Behanan, what is stated in the first paragraph I quoted is true for him also, but I also think that it is fair to say he didn't amount to much.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a nicer way to have said it, but I really don't have a problem with the comment. Take Chane Behanan, what is stated in the first paragraph I quoted is true for him also, but I also think that it is fair to say he didn't amount to much.

True, but he accomplished more on the court/field.

If you can make the playing field at a DI level school, that is amounting to a lot. No, Miles was not the stand out in college as he was in high school, but he still made some big plays and hits at the highest level of college football. I'd say he amounted to most high school football players dreams! Wish him well in his future with his college degree!

No disrespect was meant towards Miles in any way, but people were comparing him to Shaun Alexander coming out of high school... And I agree, thousands of high school players across the nation would have loved to be in his shoes. He was average at best on the college level.

Maybe the best back since Shaun but I don't remember many think he was on that level. Elliott wasn't far behind Simpson either. Both we're excellent high schools backs and their names will be spoken of for the next decade at their respective schools but they weren't close to Shaun.

I wouldn't think so. Bo's was a complete freak injury, where the bone and tissue just started eating away at itself. I'd hate to think a kid in his early 20's would be facing a hip replacement in a few years.

My guess is that Miles is probably just ready to move on. If he redshirted, I'm not sure his role would have increased (and maybe would have even been diminished..remember, he's not a guy that Stoops brought in or has any commitment to) and probably zero chance of playing in the NFL. College sports, especially at the D1 level (and in the SEC) is a tough grind, and you really have to take a hard look at what the reward would be of playing one more year, especially in what could be a diminished role. He was fun to watch in high school, and one of the reasons I flip on a UK game (Ryan Timmons, Towles and/or Barker now fill that role for me). I hope he follows in his dad's footsteps and gets into coaching.

Talking to Stoops going into the spring, Miles had a good chance of starting. Miles did not practice in the spring though because of the injury.

Talking to Stoops going into the spring, Miles had a good chance of starting. Miles did not practice in the spring though because of the injury.

I don't deny that he had a chance to start. But would he have been given the same opportunity next year with another year of Stoops recruiting his guys, after sitting out a year due to injury?? Did he have a legitimate chance of going to the next level.?? I'm not saying he wasn't a quality player. All I'm saying is given the situation, he would likely be caught up on the wrong end of a numbers game if he had medical redshirted. And just moving on to the next stage of life was probably a good decision.

By all accounts Mile is a good kid. That's all I really care about. He took advantage of his athletic ability to get a college degree. He is to be applauded.

He was up against it right from the beginning having to switch positions and learn LB in the SEC.

Hats off to Miles for the way he repped his family and the SK community.

By all accounts Mile is a good kid. That's all I really care about. He took advantage of his athletic ability to get a college degree. He is to be applauded.

He was up against it right from the beginning having to switch positions and learn LB in the SEC.

Agreed, and well said. It would have been great to see him have one more chance to play on the field. He's still one of the best high school football players I've seen.

This. I don't have the ability to say it any better than that.