CovCath Student Section.....hats off to you guys.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Not even close. I mean, I have never in all my years of Sweet 16's, State Football Finals, regular season basketball/football, tourneys..you name it; I've never seen anything like that and it was absolutely awesome.

Despite the fact that I was rooting for Bardstown (my tourney fav as is), you guys were a blast to watch.

..pretty solid roundball club, too. :thumb:

They are awesome. My favorites from them so far are:

1. They got all of Rupp involved in doing the wave. Then changed speeds. They went nuts when it made it to the Clay Co cheering section and they participated.

2. The free throw. "He's scared, he shakin', you know he ain't gonna make it" while jumping up and down so hard that I worry they will collapse the bleachers.

They have been entertaining, creative, together, and classy. Everything you could want out of a student section.

They have been entertaining, creative, together, and classy. Everything you could want out of a student section.

Granted I was on the opposite side of Rupp Arena last night and some of the cheers I couldn't hear that clearly, but I never once heard any cursing in a cheer and I never heard anything negative to the other team's fans. The kids were in the game the entire time. I loved it.

There is a reason USA Today ranked CCH as a top 10 arena in the nation to watch a game in, a few years back...definitely had nothing to do with the gym.

I went to a CovCath/Holy Cross game a couple years ago after seeing that article (I had once seen Covington Catholic at Rupp) and loved the atmosphere. And you're right, the gym is far from fancy or spectacular, but the crowd is what made it awesome. Great experience!

Their chant when an opposing team is shooting free throws is the best cheer period and the most frustrating if you are on the line shooting FT's.

The best Crazies moment this year I have to say was between the crazies and Coopers student section. Cooper sent 2 girls over to the crazies section and started a cheer "You can have them". The Crazies responded with a cheer of their own "We don't want them" and in classic response Cooper students finished it with "We don't blame you". The entire gymnasium lost it, it was hilarious.

They are awesome. My favorites from them so far are:

1. They got all of Rupp involved in doing the wave. Then changed speeds. They went nuts when it made it to the Clay Co cheering section and they participated.

2. The free throw. "He's scared, he shakin', you know he ain't gonna make it" while jumping up and down so hard that I worry they will collapse the bleachers.

I think structural engineers need to be called in after each game to verify the structural integrity of the stands after CovCath plays. Impressive student section!!!