Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

I think Jerry is to Garrard football what Chuck is to Boyle football. Would Hodge or anyone else have been an acceptable hire at Boyle without first approaching Chuck. I may be off base here, but from what I saw on the overall records for GCHS history, I can understand the sentiment.

On a side note Hodge and Jaggers both played for Perry (John at Garrard and Josh at Danville)

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all those examples but I'm just saying Coach Perry has applied so all those examples should be thrown out the window. Sometimes you have to make adjustments to make things fit to get the right person.

Never questioned Scenters class and character......just didn't like his coaching style and I'm not the only one that didn't......I'm just the only one that has said something on here.

Was at the Belfry game..... It was one of the best hs games I've watched and crowds too but when Coach Perry was there the first time there were great crowds too.

Agree, agree, and I agree.

Bigger problem is probably staff salaries... As with most schools.

Budgets are tight right now especially for a county school like Garrard who doesn't have a lot tax revenue in the county but I'm a firm believer if you are committed to quality athletic programs you find ways to support them. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made to make that happen.

I think Jerry is to Garrard football what Chuck is to Boyle football. Would Hodge or anyone else have been an acceptable hire at Boyle without first approaching Chuck. I may be off base here, but from what I saw on the overall records for GCHS history, I can understand the sentiment.

I think Hodge and Hester would both be acceptable hires at Boyle without approaching Chuck and truthfully I had no idea Boyle was approaching Chuck until I was given that information. I fully expected John Hodge to be the next Boyle County coach even after I was told that Chuck was coming back. I didn't think Coach Hester would take it until he told me himself that "they(administration) would have talked" had Chuck not come back.

I think Hodge and Hester would both be acceptable hires at Boyle without approaching Chuck and truthfully I had no idea Boyle was approaching Chuck until I was given that information. I fully expected John Hodge to be the next Boyle County coach even after I was told that Chuck was coming back. I didn't think Coach Hester would take it until he told me himself that "they(administration) would have talked" had Chuck not come back.

What if Chuck actually applied? Would you feel the same way? I know many would not.

What if Chuck actually applied? Would you feel the same way? I know many would not.

If Chuck applied the job would be his. I think that is a given. If Jerry Perry is the Chuck Smith of Garrard County does that mean that if Perry applies then he'll accept the job to go back like Chuck did since they are similar? We all know Booby says Jerry Perry should be the coach. I know multiple coaches who will bow out of the process if Perry wants the job. Nobody knows if Perry even wants the job and until we know that why should we assume that Perry even wants to go back to Garrard like Chuck obviously wanted to go back to Boyle?

If Chuck applied the job would be his. I think that is a given. If Jerry Perry is the Chuck Smith of Garrard County does that mean that if Perry applies then he'll accept the job to go back like Chuck did since they are similar? We all know Booby says Jerry Perry should be the coach. I know multiple coaches who will bow out of the process if Perry wants the job. Nobody knows if Perry even wants the job and until we know that why should we assume that Perry even wants to go back to Garrard like Chuck obviously wanted to go back to Boyle?

Gotcha, I was just saying if Chuck applied would it be unacceptable to not approach him first, and yes I do think if Perry has applied the same would apply. On a side note (he has applied). Its common knowledge. Too my knowledge I think this is the only job he has applied for in many years. That tells me he will go.

Gotcha, I was just saying if Chuck applied would it be unacceptable to not approach him first, and yes I do think if Perry has applied the same would apply. On a side note (he has applied). Its common knowledge. Too my knowledge I think this is the only job he has applied for in many years. That tells me he will go.

Well damn. I was hoping he would stay at Boyle County. The football knowledge on that staff would be unbelievable. That's just me being selfish though. After seeing how the Danville situation played out I hope Coach Perry gets what he wants going forward.

Well damn. I was hoping he would stay at Boyle County. The football knowledge on that staff would be unbelievable. That's just me being selfish though. After seeing how the Danville situation played out I hope Coach Perry gets what he wants going forward.

Yeah, sounds about like what I told him. But who knows GC is not BC. They probably wont offer him. He should have gotten out of Danville 6-7 years ago.

Again, I'm not speaking for Coach Perry BUT this is the second time he applied for this job since he left and if Danville hadn't lied to him and told him he was the coach in waiting then he would have taken the job last time....so he will take it this time.....MY OPINION!! I feel like there will have to be some things in place for him but it's ultimately up to GCHS to pull the trigger and make it happen. Unfortunately, past performance sometimes leads to future performance....hiring coaches.....let's cross our fingers they do the RIGHT thing this time.

I could give you other facts on why I'm not 100% sure they will hire him but I can't. I might if they don't hire him but can't right now.

If he is hired wonder if his son will come and play for him or if he will stay at Boyle. Would be hard to watch him play his senior year if he didn't transfer