Could It Really Happen Bengals #1 Seed

If the Bengals win out and NE and Denver lose 1 game, the Bengals will have the #1 seed due to tie breakers, head to head against the Pats and better conference record than Broncos. Denver will not likely lose, though. They play Houston and Oakland to finish the season. NE has games at Miami and the Ravens, no cake walks. The Bengals will be pressed to win out , also. But....this is the NFL.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this really means is that its even more important for the Bengals to get that 2 seed. As it stands now the Bengals would have to go to Denver in the 2nd round if the Bengals are the 3 seed.

If it stands as it is now and all the top seeds win or the Bengals win round one, the Bengals would go to the Pats and the Colts or 5 seed would go to the Broncos. As the #3 seed they would not have to go to Denver until the AFC Championship Game.

It certainly would help but the Bengals go as Dalton goes. In other words' date=' I will take a "Hot Andy" over any other perceived advantage.[/quote']

I don't see them beating Denver or New England on the road. They just seem like a different team on the road to me.

If the Bengals win out and NE and Denver lose 1 game, the Bengals will have the #1 seed due to tie breakers, head to head against the Pats and better conference record than Broncos. Denver will not likely lose, though. They play Houston and Oakland to finish the season. NE has games at Miami and the Ravens, no cake walks. The Bengals will be pressed to win out , also. But....this is the NFL.

With the inconsistent p,ay from Dalton, I don't see them winning out. I am having doubts about tomorrow nights game, hope I'm wrong though. I think they'd be lucky to get 2 seed.

If it stands as it is now and all the top seeds win or the Bengals win round one, the Bengals would go to the Pats and the Colts or 5 seed would go to the Broncos. As the #3 seed they would not have to go to Denver until the AFC Championship Game.

Not right at all. You do realize at this moment the Pats are the 1 seed, not the Broncos. So as I said as it stands now the Bengals would go Denver in the 2nd round if the Bengals are the 3 seed. That is why its even more important to get that 2 seed now.

With all this said, as much as I would love the Bengals to earn the 1 seed. I would like even more for the Bengals to at least lock up a playoff spot this weekend. The two teams chasing them both have the tiebreaker over the Bengals. We have seen crazy things with the Bengals in the past. So lets just hope the Bengals wrap up a playoff spot first this weekend, and then keep working to getting a top seed.

Not right at all. You do realize at this moment the Pats are the 1 seed, not the Broncos. So as I said as it stands now the Bengals would go Denver in the 2nd round if the Bengals are the 3 seed. That is why its even more important to get that 2 seed now.

It's semantics, until the Pats play the Broncos are the #1 seed by 1/2 game. If the pats win then yes.

Tonight is HUGE for the Bengals. Lose tonight and there is a scenario out there where they don't even make the playoffs. They lose a tie-breaker with both the Ravens and the Fins.

Exactly. I think too many people have already put the Bengals in the playoffs when in reality some of their losses could potentially really hurt them. The loss to the Browns and the loss to the Dolphins really could kill them this year.

Tonight is as close to a must win without mathematically really being a must win. It is a huge game.