The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

GrizzlyAdams

Anyone else going? Sitting in the theater now waiting for it to start.

Please tell me you did not text and check your phone during the movie. I hate it when people do that in a dark theater during the movie and it's in my line of sight. Not that you did that, just making a point. :D

I do appreciate your movie review because the teasers look pretty good

I guess I'm in the minority, I've never seen a Hobbit or Rings movie. I guess the story lines from what I know of them just never seemed to fit my taste.

I've seen the Lord of the Rings movies, and they were... OK. My only gripe was the length. I had thought about going to see the Hobbit - when it was going to be a single movie. Then they split it into two. And then they split it into THREE which is ridiculous. The first movie was 169 minutes, this one 161. Take the average and say the next one is 165 minutes and that's 8 hours 15 minutes on a book that's only 310 pages. I've said it before, and I'll say it again now - the world is lucky this trend of splitting movies didn't exist when Jackson made the original LOTR trilogy. We'd be about midway through Return of the King now.

I guess I'm in the minority, I've never seen a Hobbit or Rings movie. I guess the story lines from what I know of them just never seemed to fit my taste.

My wife is the same way. I kinda cut my teeth on sci-fi and fantasy; probably read LOTR 10 times or more. Love the movies.

She is completely different. Her idea of a great book/movie is something like The Help or The Secret Life of Bees. Daughter and I drug her to see the first Hobbit movie (she won't watch the LOTR series - too many orgs {sic} and other "scary things"). We may have to drag her to see this one on Sunday.