Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Birds and will always be a Highlands fan, but today Collins was the better team and deserve the respect they earned. In the end, todays game is all that matters, they made their place in the record books and justifiably so by playing an awesome game. Just my two cents worth.

Yes, today Collins was better. I have watched this Bluebird team all year and have always thought they were the best team in the state and still do. I've never seen a more powerful offense, but today was just hard for me to make sense. The 2013 Bluebird offense was one of the best I've ever seen and I cannot be swayed otherwise by some Highlands Haters on here.

Yes' date=' today Collins was better. I have watched this Bluebird team all year and have always thought they were the best team in the state and still do. I've never seen a more powerful offense, but today was just hard for me to make sense. The 2013 Bluebird offense was one of the best I've ever seen and I cannot be swayed otherwise by some Highlands Haters on here.[/quote']I understand that, but their defense has been suspect all year with talented teams. In the end, if you're giving up a lot, you'd better score more. They came up short. If they had to play Collins twice this year, I'm not so sure Collins wouldn't have won both games. They have a really good team.

Let the haters be what they are, but lets give Collins the respect they truly deserve.

I agree but the defense was average at best.

That is a good point that Highlands will need to take a very close look at this off season. The Highlands offense was pretty much unstoppable. In fact, now that I think about it, did Highlands punt the ball at all? I don't recall them punting once in the game. The offense did have two turnovers in the red zone and also had a couple possessions with bad penalties in the red zone, but they overcame one of those to score on a great run after catch by Evan Allen. So those questioning Harris or the offense need to look on the other side of the ball.

As someone mentioned above, the Highlands defense showed cracks in the Warren Central game and versus Lexington Catholic. In fact, if you look back earlier in the year Bryan Station scored 44 points on Highlands. Does Weinrich's reputation take a hit after this season? What were the problems? Highlands could not get stops in this one and that is why Collins took the trophy home.

I understand that, but their defense has been suspect all year with talented teams. In the end, if you're giving up a lot, you'd better score more. They came up short. If they had to play Collins twice this year, I'm not so sure Collins wouldn't have won both games. They have a really good team.

Let the haters be what they are, but lets give Collins the respect they truly deserve.

To me they made the Bluebird defense look more porous than the Elder game.

I think I've only seen 1 or 2 HHS fans actually humbly congratulate Collins in this thread. That should tell you something. The rest have chosen to ignore Collins for the most part and continue to preach about how great Highlands is.

Just find it interesting.

Here with those facts again. Either you don't know who all the HHS fans are your are having trouble counting. Remember, several that post on here are on their way home too.

And I'm hoping I'm 1 of the 2 because I have given them all kinds of credit on here so far. I gave them and UKfan credit in the same post!

Remember the Titans. They may actually make a movie out of this game. I could see it' date=' especially with the backup QB having to come in on 4th down from the 13 yd line with 12 secs remaining. Truly a storybook ending.[/quote']

Funny you bring that up. Every year before the first game, the team watches this movie.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with a better state championship game than this one. IT had a little bit of everything. Great plays, great comebacks and great miracle finishes with story book endings for a backup QB who is called on to come in for the most important play of his and his teams career.

Congrats Collins, I said earlier in the season Collins is the team I thought that could knock HHS off the mountain top. HHS cost them big time with silly penalty for taunting toward the end of the game which could of cost them the game. Great poise by the underdogs in many eyes. Collins didn't get rattled and did what they needed to get done. Great game.

After the Cov Cath game I told my son that I hoped the late hits and taunting would come back to haunt Highlands and it did. There is no place in the game for this kind of behavior. Congrats to Collins, they played a good game. I guess next year the Highlands kids won't think this is automatic.