Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Collins. The boys will have a memory for a lifetime they will never forget. Congrats to HHS on an incredible run, and they will be back.

I thought, as a whole, that NKY football was very down as compared to most years. When HHS was giving up huge points and yards in some games this year, then I thought this might be the year they lose. But, I honestly figured they would still win by 7-10 points even if they were weaker than normal. It's just hard to beat them.

I know it's always a debate that HHS fans say is a strength of theirs, but, with HHS defense being weaker than usual, do you think they had players on offense that could of played defense as well to help them improve their defense? I don't know their players that well but I would think 3-4 stud offensive players would be better than the 3-4 bottom defenders.Just a down year for NKY football!!

You hit the nail on the head right there my friend....all the eggs are in one basket...Offense A++++++++++ Defense C still a solid D but you put some of those offensive guys on D and it would have helped a lot.

Congrats to Collins. The boys will have a memory for a lifetime they will never forget. Congrats to HHS on an incredible run, and they will be back.

I thought, as a whole, that NKY football was very down as compared to most years. When HHS was giving up huge points and yards in some games this year, then I thought this might be the year they lose. But, I honestly figured they would still win by 7-10 points even if they were weaker than normal. It's just hard to beat them.

I know it's always a debate that HHS fans say is a strength of theirs, but, with HHS defense being weaker than usual, do you think they had players on offense that could of played defense as well to help them improve their defense? I don't know their players that well but I would think 3-4 stud offensive players would be better than the 3-4 bottom defenders.

Just a down year for NKY football!!

They definitely have kids on offense that were defensive studs when they were younger. But this is what they live and die with. We can talk about this after a loss, but don't forget all the wins that came with what they have done for awhile now.

I do think that advantage is starting to decrease. More and more teams are starting to figure out how to develop enough kids to platoon. It will make football even that much better with the more teams the can do it. When everyone figures out how to platoon and play a more spread offense, things will equal out again and maybe this is a sign tonight of that starting.

Collins rise under Coach Lucas.

2010 wins District, loses Regional Championship. 2011 wins District and Region, loses State Semi. 2012 wins District, Region and Semi-State and lose State Title.

2013 wins District, Region, State-Semi and State Title!.

I'd say that it is a great 4 year history of a school.

Now, Roy Sr., Roy II and Jerry have high school titles as coaches.

Yea that helped them tonight didn't it?

For gods sake it has helped them for 6 straight titles....what is Simons approach? lol.....you are one of a kind....I will give you credit..anybody that has the guts to give a program that has won Six straight titles and lost the 7th on the last play of the game in the state championship a bunch of smack talk got to be nuts.

They definitely have kids on offense that were defensive studs when they were younger. But this is what they live and die with. We can talk about this after a loss, but don't forget all the wins that came with what they have done for awhile now.

I do think that advantage is starting to decrease. More and more teams are starting to figure out how to develop enough kids to platoon. It will make football even that much better with the more teams the can do it. When everyone figures out how to platoon and play a more spread offense, things will equal out again and maybe this is a sign tonight of that starting.

I think what is overlooked is the new rules in the state that allow teams to do sport specific drills year round. HHS and more specifically Dale mastered ways to prepare his players for football through creative drills that translated to the field. Other teams were just lifting and running while HHS was figuring out ways to make their kids better players. But now since teams can have their kids doing football drills, position specific training, and offense/defense installs their kids get better and it will translate to the field.

HHS did not out work other teams in the state, a lot of teams put in just as much time in the off season, HHS worked smarter because of their creative off season program. Other teams who were not as creative can now get as much out of their kids as possible because of the new rules.

Nope, we just put it in the freezer and bring it out next year around this time. We have the routine down...win or lose.

RCC....you know you are the king of football when fans of other programs not involved in the game throw parties when Highlands loses a game.......Uk fan what are you having at the party...bird wings and cake? lol

For gods sake it has helped them for 6 straight titles....what is Simons approach? lol.....you are one of a kind....I will give you credit..anybody that has the guts to give a program that has won Six straight titles and lost the 7th on the last play of the game in the state championship a bunch of smack talk got to be nuts.

You said nuts? I said big ones! :D

Highlands won't be as good next year they lose alot of big boys. They lose around 9 guys in their 2 deep O-line, their 2 best running backs. Next year might be a rough year.

Man, they lost 31 seniors last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that...you get my point. HHS graduates large senior classes every year.