Super District Domination

02Ram54

Again, this has been beaten to death, but Trinity clearly belongs in the district with Oldham County, Eastern and Ballard.

Geographically, Trinity is closer to all three of those opponents than Fern Creek. I think this should end the argument, especially as OC is going to be the school furthest from all their opponents everything should be done to reduce the size of that district.

Socially, Fern Creek is closer to Southern, Seneca and Male than the East End areas of town.

Historically, Trinity has been district partners with Eastern and Ballard, while Fern Creek has traditionally played Southern and Seneca.

This is the current alignment:

Gerrymandered Alignment.jpg

Red: PRP, Butler, Southern, Seneca

Green: Manual, StX, Male, Trinity

Blue: Fern Creek, Ballard, Butler, Oldham County

This is the alternative:

Obvious Alignment.jpg

Red: PRP, Butler, Manual, X

Green: Southern, Male, Seneca, Fern Creek

Blue: Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Oldham County

Again, I know that this is a retread of a years old discussion, but I really feel like the visual aid demonstrates how clearly gerrymandered the super district is.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because moderate thread necromancy amuses me, here's what the first two rounds of the playoffs would have looked like under the other alignment (assuming that the X-Manual-Butler-PRP district is paired with the NKY district):

Round 1

Ryle at St X

Butler at Campbell County

Dixie Heights at Manual

PRP at SK

Southern at Trinity

Eastern at Fern Creek

Seneca at Ballard

Oldham County at Male

Round 2

Campbell County at St X

Manual at SK

Fern Creek at Trinity

Ballard at Male

Alternatively, pair the Male district with the NKY district:

Round 1

Ryle at Male

Seneca at Campbell County

Dixie Heights at Fern Creek

Southern at SK

PRP at Trinity

Eastern at Manual

Butler at Ballard

Oldham County at St X

Round 2

Campbell County at Male

Fern Creek at SK

Manual at Trinity

Ballard at St X

Yes I know both are plausible, but in your mind you're more sure of an X victory then a T victory.

Not particularly. Male beat X at X and now they play at Male. Trinity beat Manual at Trinity and the game is at Trinity again.

I know Manual is the hot team right now, but Trinity controlled most of that game and never trailed. X and Male went back and forth. I know the Tigers are healthy, but Male is at home. I think both games are tossups.

4 Lexington, 5 Louisville, and 3 NKY teams advance in 6A. So out of the rest of the state outside of those 3 areas, only 4 teams can manage a playoff win in 6A? Is it safe to say one of those 3 areas is a lock to win it each year? Are there just not too many 6A teams in western ky or in mountain regions?

How many of the 32 6A teams are in NKY, Lexington & Louisville? I am guessing a fairly high %.