Kentucky vs. Florida; What's at stake?

Did not know that. That kind of changes my perception of this game. Two things are are absolutes about Coach Mueller. He is a GREAT football coach, and master scheduler for the program. Based on what you stated and those facts, I see HHS in a 2 or 3 score game at least.

Who says they are facts...

Got to consider the source imo...Just sayin:thumb:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even more liberal than what we are seeing now in KY?

And to the extent you were serious, here's a link to an article that describes the transfer rule that took effect last year: Florida high school sports | New transfer rule worries some coaches, athletic directors.

Yeah, it's more liberal than what we are now seeing in Ky. And even before the new Florida rule was enacted last year, the Florida rule was more liberal than Ky's. It pretty much allowed a student to transfer every year and play as long as the player was enrolled at the new school within the first 20 (I think it was 20) days of the school year.

The Massey Ratings have University Christian of Jacksonville ranked #152 in Florida and #3352 nationally..... Highlands is playing a sacrificial lamb!

The hype is not deserved.. a win is of no benefit to Highlands... play Indianapolis Cathedral and Louisville St X for regional respect.

I'd be curious to know how highly UC was ranked prior to last year's season. If what I've been told is correct (that UC gets a lot of very talented juniors and seniors transferring in every year), then I'd think Massey (or any other ranking service) would have great difficulty accurately ranking them. Heck, there may have been 10 stud players transfer to UC two weeks ago that Massey isn't even aware of yet.

I'll make my own judgment of UC after I've seen this year's edition play in less than 3 weeks. One thing's for certain, get acclimated to the Ky heat shouldn't be a problem for them.

UC is a very small school with an enrollment of approx. 200 students. If Highlands doesn't win this game fairly easily, I think it will be understandably hard for us to expect anyone to respect KY football outside of Trinity. I don't think this game is gonna be close. Highlands should roll in this one.

Who exactly is us?

Highlands is respected by teams from KY and OH and soon to be Florida imo.

I believe Highlands has beaten every KY team they have ever played at least once, how many programs can say that spanning 100 yrs. They have also beaten all the OH school matchups at least once except Moeller and Colerain.

To say that T is the only respected program in KY I think you are dead wrong.

Highlands is Highlands and the numbers prove it anyway you twist it...Just sayin

To answer the original thread question

I believe it is a great day for KY HS Football imo, HS Student/Athletes displaying their god given talents in front of a National audience.

It allows the KY kids to see what FL kids and talent is all hyped up to be and vice versa. Its another freebie recruiting opportunity for College coaches to tune in from across the country and make comparable assessments imo.

Lets face it, programs like Highlands, T are putting KY HS Football on the map. Throw in X and BG and they too are excellent representatives for the Commonwealth. JMO:thumb:

The Massey Ratings have University Christian of Jacksonville ranked #152 in Florida and #3352 nationally..... Highlands is playing a sacrificial lamb!

The hype is not deserved.. a win is of no benefit to Highlands... play Indianapolis Cathedral and Louisville St X for regional respect.

Maybe, but do you think University knows what they're getting into? Or do they care? They may looking at it as a vacation since the state itself has voted them least likely to repeat as State champ. Whatever their mindset, look for the Birds to make a statement. After a blowout win on national t.v. Dale may have wanted to mention another 09' national champ goal in that Walter interview.

Many think the Universtiy Christian/ Highlands game will be sparsely attended. Personally' date=' I see two general representations of the best that both States have to offer in regards to high school football and I think it will be the biggest game of the year. If the Birds win, will it give the Commonwealth street credibility in the eyes of our fellow Floridians? And if by chance the Birds lose, how will this reflect on Kentucky football as a whole. Keep in mind, Highlands represents the best that Kentucky has to offer and a beating at the hands of a 2A Florida school could be a blow to Kentucky's national perception as a quality high school football state.[/quote']

Wow, you have some perception of KY HS football. Do you know that outside of Louisville area, many D1 programs do not even recruit in KY.

Wow, you have some perception of KY HS football. Do you know that outside of Louisville area, many D1 programs do not even recruit in KY.

You may want to do some research before you post.

Urban Meyer has been at Highlands on a regular basis. His team, is a D1 program. If the talent is there the D1 scouts will find you, yes, even in KY. :rolleyes:

You may want to do some research before you post.

Urban Meyer has been at Highlands on a regular basis. His team, is a D1 program. If the talent is there the D1 scouts will find you, yes, even in KY. :rolleyes:

Correct, and not just Ohio St but many other Big 10 Schools.

I would say that most of NKY players that have played D! have played for teams within the Big 10.

You know, there is a perception down in Southern KY that NKY is really Cinti...LOL

Who says they are facts...

Got to consider the source imo...Just sayin:thumb:

Who exactly is us?

Highlands is respected by teams from KY and OH and soon to be Florida imo.

I believe Highlands has beaten every KY team they have ever played at least once, how many programs can say that spanning 100 yrs. They have also beaten all the OH school matchups at least once except Moeller and Colerain.

To say that T is the only respected program in KY I think you are dead wrong.

Highlands is Highlands and the numbers prove it anyway you twist it...Just sayin

Correct, and not just Ohio St but many other Big 10 Schools.

I would say that most of NKY players that have played D! have played for teams within the Big 10.

You know, there is a perception down in Southern KY that NKY is really Cinti...LOL

.....and I would have bet the house you would of ended the above with, "just sayin'". :lol2:

From my understanding, UC is not your typical small school. It attracts a lot of very, very talented players. If I recall properly (and it might have changed) Florida's transfer rule is much more liberal than Kentucky's and as a result, UC gets a lot of players that transfer to UC their junior and senior years. I'm trying to get more info about the school from my college roommate whom now resides in Jax.

I have a buddy from jax and that's pretty much what he said. Although they are a small school that's usually where the players go to get away from certain rules. Those rules I can't recall at the time.