Kentucky vs. Florida; What's at stake?

You guys should know, this is the team NCC was going to play. Things fell through when eviston left and wagner was highered. Had nothing to do with the coach, but because NCC dragged their feet and didnt make the higher immediately, the deal fell through. Do you think for one second HHS is going to play a team that has a chance to embarres them on cable tv, lol? Obviuosly coach eviston felt this was a team NCC could beat.

You do realize HHS attempted to get Ensworth for this game first. But hey, guess we will settle for a smallish, over matched team out of Florida. Whatever floats your boat my friend! Keep posting though because our other friend is awol, so we need something to help the days move along towards Aug 16.

Go Birds!

BTW, where is Ram when you need him.

Just sayin!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the cake-eaters would have us believe that UC is festooned with future Heisman and D-1 candidates. They must be outstanding simply because they appear on Highlands' schedule; and a Birds win would be of monumental, nay, even Biblical significance; paving the way for a stratospheric ascent to the top of the Massey rankings.

Some from the ardently anti-Birds side would have us believe that UC would experience major difficulties lining up against eleven chopped liver sandwiches, with a Birds win signifying, if humanly possible, less than nothing. To beat this team by less than 28 points should drop the Birds from national, state, and possibly even regional title contention discussion.

I strongly suspect that the truth lies somewhere in between.

Some of the cake-eaters would have us believe that UC is festooned with future Heisman and D-1 candidates. They must be outstanding simply because they appear on Highlands' schedule; and a Birds win would be of monumental, nay, even Biblical significance; paving the way for a stratospheric ascent to the top of the Massey rankings.

Some from the ardently anti-Birds side would have us believe that UC would experience major difficulties lining up against eleven chopped liver sandwiches, with a Birds win signifying, if humanly possible, less than nothing. To beat this team by less than 28 points should drop the Birds from national, state, and possibly even regional title contention discussion.

Just curious Mcpapa, where might you fall in these categories?:popcorn:

Appreciate your spin on this whole thing to the bolded above.

I think people cut Dale and Highlands very short when it comes to getting National attention.

This type of game looks really good on the resume imo, win or lose.

I personally do not care how much Highlands wins by, I just hope they win and are injury free.

I can see it now on BGP, there will be posters following the game sometime or another basically telling us all how that team "was not very good" or that team "is Florida's this or that".

Well, I give Dale credit for picking up the phone and calling an out of state opponent instead of playing the same in State schedule over and over and over again.

Coaches should reach out and try and schedule teams outside of KY like UC, Elder, Cinti St X, Moeller, Colerain, Trotwood and Withrow

Its fun, ya all should try it some time...Just sayin:thumb:

From my understanding, UC is not your typical small school. It attracts a lot of very, very talented players. If I recall properly (and it might have changed) Florida's transfer rule is much more liberal than Kentucky's and as a result, UC gets a lot of players that transfer to UC their junior and senior years. I'm trying to get more info about the school from my college roommate whom now resides in Jax.

So they are like Highlands, except Highlands gets them as Freshman...Doh! :lol2:

That's cool! I'm just happy to see you started your day off with a post in a HHS thread. Closet fan right? There are a lot out there.

Actually I love what Highlands has done over the years. I never said I didn't like Highlands. I am first and foremost a Cooper fan this year, secondly always follow my Beechwood Tigers, but I always want other area schools to play good also.

Actually I was talking to my sons gf's dad last night and we were talking about going to the Highlands UC game.

I personally don't think there was a better story in the state than that of Cooper Football last year and what they were able to accomplish. A team that wasn't even ranked in the pre season coaches polls and a team no one outside of the Cooper family gave any respect to, only to make a run all the way to the title game with one of the best defenses in the state and beating team after team with D1 recruits. Those are the type of teams I will always be a fan of.

No one knows how this game will play out but one thing's for certain, it appears to be a lose-lose in the eyes of Bird haters. I think Sweep hit the nail because regardless of your feeling's towards the Highlands Bluebirds, you must look past the benefit to the team and look at the benefits to the Commonwealth for getting games like these.

No one knows how this game will play out but one thing's for certain' date=' it appears to be a lose-lose in the eyes of Bird haters. I think Sweep hit the nail because regardless of your feeling's towards the Highlands Bluebirds, you must look past the benefit to the team and look at the benefits to the Commonwealth for getting games like these.[/quote']

I don't think it's a lose lose situation in the eyes of anyone.

I think it simply comes down to with all the hype HHS is getting this year, they better win. If they don't then the hype was a waste of time.

Simple as that. It's just like any other game this year for Highlands, they better not lose any of them.

It's not the Highlands haters putting that pressure on the team, it's the highlands fans themselves for making statements like they are the best team in the state and the best Highlands team ever.

You make those type of statements then your team better run the tables this year because it's those type of remarks that puts the pressure on the team, not anything a HHS hater says.

Appreciate your spin on this whole thing to the bolded above.

I think people cut Dale and Highlands very short when it comes to getting National attention.

This type of game looks really good on the resume imo, win or lose.

I personally do not care how much Highlands wins by, I just hope they win and are injury free.

I can see it now on BGP, there will be posters following the game sometime or another basically telling us all how that team "was not very good" or that team "is Florida's this or that".

Well, I give Dale credit for picking up the phone and calling an out of state opponent instead of playing the same in State schedule over and over and over again.

Coaches should reach out and try and schedule teams outside of KY like UC, Elder, Cinti St X, Moeller, Colerain, Trotwood and Withrow

Its fun, ya all should try it some time...Just sayin:thumb:

Actually, the little school down the road that I follow (Mason County) did better than that the past couple of years.

They scheduled (you guessed it) - Highlands.

Just sayin'.:thumb:

I don't think it's a lose lose situation in the eyes of anyone.

I think it simply comes down to with all the hype HHS is getting this year, they better win. If they don't then the hype was a waste of time.

Simple as that. It's just like any other game this year for Highlands, they better not lose any of them.

It's not the Highlands haters putting that pressure on the team, it's the highlands fans themselves for making statements like they are the best team in the state and the best Highlands team ever.

You make those type of statements then your team better run the tables this year because it's those type of remarks that puts the pressure on the team, not anything a HHS hater says.

Rumors are they are a little concerned about the Blue Boys "Seniors in Training"! Seems like they better be 4 scores better than the competition as well.

Actually, the little school down the road that I follow (Mason County) did better than that the past couple of years.

They scheduled (you guessed it) - Highlands.

Just sayin'.:thumb:

Yes they did. And hopefully they benefitted from it. From reading Coaches past post, it seems they did.

On a side note, isn't "just sayin" copyrighted?

Does anyone have any deets on University Christian that are substantiated fact and not rumor or innuendo so that folks can get a better idea of what lies ahead in the coming weeks? What about enrollment? Are they the equivalent to Highlands? Maybe these facts will offer perspective and quell the voice of the naysayers.