Kentucky vs. Florida; What's at stake?

Many think the Universtiy Christian/ Highlands game will be sparsely attended. Personally, I see two general representations of the best that both States have to offer in regards to high school football and I think it will be the biggest game of the year. If the Birds win, will it give the Commonwealth street credibility in the eyes of our fellow Floridians? And if by chance the Birds lose, how will this reflect on Kentucky football as a whole. Keep in mind, Highlands represents the best that Kentucky has to offer and a beating at the hands of a 2A Florida school could be a blow to Kentucky's national perception as a quality high school football state.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many think the Universtiy Christian/ Highlands game will be sparsely attended. Personally' date=' I see two general representations of the best that both States have to offer in regards to high school football. If the Birds win, will it give the Commonwealth street credibility in the eyes of our fellow Floridians? And if by chance the Birds lose, how will this reflect on Kentucky football as a whole. Keep in mind, Highlands represents the best that Kentucky has to offer and a beating at the hands of a 2A Florida school could be a blow to Kentucky's national perception as a quality high school football state.[/quote']

If Highlands wins or even plays them close (I am assumig Un Christian is a highly ranked team?), I am hoping that this will give KY football some credibility. I hope it doesn't reinforce a view many hold of KY that we have three good teams but other than that, KY football is not very good. Not my view, just the view that seems to be around KY.

If Highlands wins or even plays them close (I am assumig Un Christian is a highly ranked team?), I am hoping that this will give KY football some credibility. I hope it doesn't reinforce a view many hold of KY that we have three good teams but other than that, KY football is not very good. Not my view, just the view that seems to be around KY.

Univ Christian isn't ranked high in Florida no where near, just barely above the top 100. But personally I feel when the birds wax them it will garner respect just because of the perception that the power states already have of ky football.

Univ Christian isn't ranked high in Florida no where near, just barely above the top 100. But personally I feel when the birds wax them it will garner respect just because of the perception that the power states already have of ky football.

Maybe this will lead to some of the bigger schools in Florida showing interest in playing Kentucky schools. On the flip side, it could just as easily have the reverse effect. I enjoy intrastate games because so much public perception rides on them.....

You guys should know, this is the team NCC was going to play. Things fell through when eviston left and wagner was hired. Had nothing to do with the coach, but because NCC dragged their feet and didnt make the hire immediately, the deal fell through. Do you think for one second HHS is going to play a team that has a chance to embarrass them on cable tv, lol? Obviuosly coach eviston felt this was a team NCC could beat.

Edited by Randy Parker

You guys should know, this is the team NCC was going to play. Things fell through when eviston left and wagner was hired. Had nothing to do with the coach, but because NCC dragged their feet and didnt make the hire immediately, the deal fell through. Do you think for one second HHS is going to play a team that has a chance to embarrass them on cable tv, lol? Obviuosly coach eviston felt this was a team NCC could beat.

Did not know that. That kind of changes my perception of this game. Two things are are absolutes about Coach Mueller. He is a GREAT football coach, and master scheduler for the program. Based on what you stated and those facts, I see HHS in a 2 or 3 score game at least.

Edited by Randy Parker

Do you think people in Fla really care about Ky high school football or vice versa?

I've traveled a lot and been to many different states and regions and never once have I heard a conversation about other states High school football unless it had to do with a movie.

Do you think people in Fla really care about Ky high school football or vice versa?

I've traveled a lot and been to many different states and regions and never once have I heard a conversation about other states High school football unless it had to do with a movie.

I kind of feel the same way, although I think many ky folk get wrapped up in oh football.

I think that it has a lot to do w/ BGP having an NKY slant and being in Cincy's metro area.

I'm in NKY and could care less about any other state including Ohio or what other states think about us. Especially after you hear how great Texas football is and last I checked the NFL hall of gamers this year weren't all from Texas.

C'mon, we can't agree with each other twice in a 7 day span! The heavens may fall!

Anyway, I do agree. I think it's much bigger to KY to prove themselves than a Fla team coming to play out of state. They have nothing to really gain, other than getting to travel to KY, which I'm sure is cool for the kids.

But it sounds like this team is average in the overall platform of Fla football. After hearing some facts/rumors about them (good and bad), I still have no idea what to expect. Is the 100th ranked team in Fla still very good when compared to KY schools or should HHS beat them up pretty good? I really have no idea at this point. Some say they don't carry very many kids, but who knows if those kids are comprised of D1 talent. Just too many open questions for me to make predictions. I know I'll be there to see for myself!

The story that was reported in the newspaper was that TJ Kramer, a former Highlands player, was a college roommate of University Christians' coach. As a result of this connection the game came into being. The story at least sounds at least reasonable.

What was NCC's connection to University Christian?

Edited by Randy Parker

Just curious, who was putting this game together for NCC? This game was not going to be on television when the two teams agreed to play, nor was it going to be a part of the Skyline Crosstown Showdown. Have no idea what University Christian has or does not have, but hardly believe they would travel this far if they were so poor that Highlands would defeat them handily. I guess we will find out for sure in less than 3 weeks.

Edited by Randy Parker

C'mon, we can't agree with each other twice in a 7 day span! The heavens may fall!

Anyway, I do agree. I think it's much bigger to KY to prove themselves than a Fla team coming to play out of state. They have nothing to really gain, other than getting to travel to KY, which I'm sure is cool for the kids.

But it sounds like this team is average in the overall platform of Fla football. After hearing some facts/rumors about them (good and bad), I still have no idea what to expect. Is the 100th ranked team in Fla still very good when compared to KY schools or should HHS beat them up pretty good? I really have no idea at this point. Some say they don't carry very many kids, but who knows if those kids are comprised of D1 talent. Just too many open questions for me to make predictions. I know I'll be there to see for myself!

No the 100th best team in fla isn't good compared to ky's premier programs. Compared to the run of the mill ky schools probably so but not Bg, X, T, nor Highlands.