Bishop Brossart starting a football program

Dlbdonn

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Find one post from a CCHS fan complimenting Brossart on a win... I'm interested.

Na ill do it in the morning, im tired of arguing with a little 15 year old. And what does that have anything to do with how Campbell fans feel about Brossart???

The misconception and fear here is that the feelings of a few are taken to represent the voice of the individual programs, which is very mis-leading.

Brossart-Campbell County have a great working relationship. This has been spelled out over and over again.

The football issue will be worked out as well. If it can be done, I'm sure it will, if it can't, it won't and we will seek an alternative venue in which to play our games at startup.

I dislike hearing the word "hatred" used in describing any phase of our relationship. I think some folks carry the opponents thing way too far and stretch it into becoming enemies, instead of remaining merely opponents.

We are also neighbors who are privleged to have a great working relationship with each other. Because of it's sheer size and wealth of facilities, Brossart tends to be the beneficiary of Campbell County's generosity much more often and visibly than anything that we are capable of doing for Campbell County. I would certainly hope and expect that the opposite would hold true if we were big brother and they were little brother.

Campbell County owes us nothing, other than a perhaps a small debt of gratitude for schooling over 400 students whose parents still pay taxes into the Campbell County School District - but that is our individual choice, and it comes with no strings attached.

Whether or not Brossart plays its football games at Bob Miller Stadium or not will be decided in a board room or over dinner somewhere and not on a discussion forum here on Bluegrass Preps by persons with axes to grind. I'm sure that whatever decision is made will be in the best interest of the both parties and will be the right one.

The misconception and fear here is that the feelings of a few are taken to represent the voice of the individual programs, which is very mis-leading.

Brossart-Campbell County have a great working relationship. This has been spelled out over and over again.

The football issue will be worked out as well. If it can be done, I'm sure it will, if it can't, it won't and we will seek an alternative venue in which to play our games at startup.

I dislike hearing the word "hatred" used in describing any phase of our relationship. I think some folks carry the opponents thing way too far and stretch it into becoming enemies, instead of remaining merely opponents.

We are also neighbors who are privleged to have a great working relationship with each other. Because of it's sheer size and wealth of facilities, Brossart tends to be the beneficiary of Campbell County's generosity much more often and visibly than anything that we are capable of doing for Campbell County. I would certainly hope and expect that the opposite would hold true if we were big brother and they were little brother.

Campbell County owes us nothing, other than a perhaps a small debt of gratitude for schooling over 400 students whose parents still pay taxes into the Campbell County School District - but that is our individual choice, and it comes with no strings attached.

Whether or not Brossart plays its football games at Bob Miller Stadium or not will be decided in a board room or over dinner somewhere and not on a discussion forum here on Bluegrass Preps by persons with axes to grind. I'm sure that whatever decision is made will be in the best interest of the both parties and will be the right one.

Ahhhhh--Again, a voice of reason in the midst of a storm!! Well said Mustang!! :thumb: :thumb:

Also worth mentioning is that a lot of the parents and kids at both schools are friends, neighbors, boyfriends, girlfriends, and yes even relatives!! Let the school officials decide these type issues as Mustang mentions; after all that's what they're paid to do!!

Being a CC parent i have to agree with the excellent post by Mr Mustang. :thumb: There is a rivalry there and yes sometimes it gets heated...but not hated.....as BG pointed out we are neighbors and friends.One of my best friends son and my son competed against each other for 4 years...after the games we wished both boys well and more times than i care to remember we headed out for a coke :sssh:.Yes i was even at a Brossart fund raiser one year and my friend was in charge and at the end he was thanking all the volunteers for helping out and than he called my name......and thanked me for attending the event and giving up some of my public school money and everyone applauded :irked: .....i was ready to kill him but i knew it was all in fun..... :lol: rivalry yes....hate...i dont think so..at least not for me..... :thumb:

Being a CC parent i have to agree with the excellent post by Mr Mustang. :thumb: There is a rivalry there and yes sometimes it gets heated...but not hated.....as BG pointed out we are neighbors and friends.One of my best friends son and my son competed against each other for 4 years...after the games we wished both boys well and more times than i care to remember we headed out for a coke :sssh:.Yes i was even at a Brossart fund raiser one year and my friend was in charge and at the end he was thanking all the volunteers for helping out and than he called my name......and thanked me for attending the event and giving up some of my public school money and everyone applauded :irked: .....i was ready to kill him but i knew it was all in fun..... :lol: rivalry yes....hate...i dont think so..at least not for me..... :thumb:

Nice post buckman.

Being a CC parent i have to agree with the excellent post by Mr Mustang. There is a rivalry there and yes sometimes it gets heated...but not hated.....as BG pointed out we are neighbors and friends.One of my best friends son and my son competed against each other for 4 years...after the games we wished both boys well and more times than i care to remember we headed out for a coke .Yes i was even at a Brossart fund raiser one year and my friend was in charge and at the end he was thanking all the volunteers for helping out and than he called my name......and thanked me for attending the event and giving up some of my public school money and everyone applauded .....i was ready to kill him but i knew it was all in fun..... rivalry yes....hate...i dont think so..at least not for me.....

very nice post

I conducted an interview with Mr. Tom Seither the Bishop Brossart High School principal about the future development of the physical, academic, and most prominently the football program, in the future plans of the high school administration.

The interview was conducted between games of the 37th District Semi-Finals girls and boys basketball games.

You can listen to the interview by clicking on the link below and forwarding to the 1:40:35 mark.

Interview With Mr. Tom Seither

Why didn't you interview someone with our school to get their opinion on using the field?

Wouldn't you consider it prudent to actually have a TEAM before worring about interviewing someone from Campbell regarding the availability of their field?? I'd think those type negotations are better left for after the team actually is funded, and a head coach is hired!! The new coach may have an entirely different idea of where he wants to practice and play. You need to listen to the interviews Mustang is referring to, and you'll get a better idea of how they are going about forming their football program. Initial funding is critical and will determine if the team plays this next season or the following. They have wisely decided to proceed cautiously, rather than diving off the deep end. Right now proper funding and the hiring of the RIGHT COACH are the primary priorities, as they should be!!

Why didn't you interview someone with our school to get their opinion on using the field?
I Did!

Sat right down at the table with Mr. Strong at the hospitality room between girls games at the 37th Distirct Tournament and announced loud enough for everyone to hear, including Joe Roberts, Mike Combs and others,

O.K. - Let me sit down here and get this football field thing straightened out!!!

To which Mr. S answered by stating that he'd rather discuss if I liked Mayo or Mustard on my ham sandwich. So instead of discussing football we talked about our culinary habits.

For a second there it was a classic moment!!! ;)