South Oldham 85 Collins 82 OT

One of most unbelievable games I've ever seen. I got there with 7 minutes left in the 4th. Collins was down by 21! Collins kept chipping away and away drilling threes while South perpetually turned the ball over. In regulation, Collins had the ball down three with just seconds left. They got off a three "almost" at the buzzzer. A South player gets the rebound and thinking the game is over takes off running with the ball. Ref blows the whistle and signals travelling. They put .5 of a second back on the clock. After the refs sort things out and the players come back on the floor, South player looked to tell ref he was going to foul. Before ball is inbounded, the whistle is blown for the foul. Collins player going to the line still down 3; still with .5 on the clock. Player makes the first foul shot but misses second on purpose. Collins player explodes on the miss; looked like he went in the lane really early and gets the tip in at the buzzer. Collins crowd pours on the floor; no T called and we head to OT. South has no mo on their side but finds another gear and controls OT to win by three. Collins had a chance to tie at the end but the South D held at the end. Pardon my lack of knowledge on the teams but one of the Collins guards drained 9 threes in the loss.

One of most unbelievable games I've ever seen. I got there with 7 minutes left in the 4th. Collins was down by 21! Collins kept chipping away and away drilling threes while South perpetually turned the ball over. In regulation, Collins had the ball down three with just seconds left. They got off a three "almost" at the buzzzer. A South player gets the rebound and thinking the game is over takes off running with the ball. Ref blows the whistle and signals travelling. They put .5 of a second back on the clock. After the refs sort things out and the players come back on the floor, South player looked to tell ref he was going to foul. Before ball is inbounded, the whistle is blown for the foul. Collins player going to the line still down 3; still with .5 on the clock. Player makes the first foul shot but misses second on purpose. Collins player explodes on the miss; looked like he went in the lane really early and gets the tip in at the buzzer. Collins crowd pours on the floor; no T called and we head to OT. South has no mo on their side but finds another gear and controls OT to win by three. Collins had a chance to tie at the end but the South D held at the end. Pardon my lack of knowledge on the teams but one of the Collins guards drained 9 threes in the loss.

Didn't look like a tip in to me. What I saw was a South Player tip the ball (Sherry I think), a Collins player got the ball after that and shot it from right at the basket. Very, very long .5 seconds in my opinion. Would love to see the tape. Hats off to Collins for not giving up when they were down for most of the game. Collin's Buddy Johnson had 34 points-27 from behind the arc. Congrats to SO on the win.

Calling it a tip is a bit of a stretch. It was equivalent to a tip that we used to play in "tip horse"; as long as your feet were off the ground when you shot; it still gave your opponent a letter. I'm not sure he really got it off in .5 but it certainly added to the drama. When the Collins student section stormed the court; I don't think there was any waving it off.