Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Oldham 85 Collins 82 OT

Featured Replies

South Oldham (22-7) – Matthew Haysley 27, Catinna 18, Goodlett 14, Jones 13, Michael Haysley 2, Griffin 3, Greenwood 3, Sherry 5.

 

Collins (21-7) – Johnson 34, Marshall 17, Kidwell 11, Smith 6, Page 3, Stone 8, Wiley 3.

Wish I could of seen this one. Doesn't get any better than a big game in the Barn at Henry Co.

Collins was totally out played in the first half, they made a good come back in the 4th quarter, but ran out of gas in the OT, as far as the clock, the clock does not start until the referee signals the clock operator to start the clock. SK and South should be a good game, I think the winner will go to state.

The other side of the bracket might have something to say about who goes to the sweet 16. Oldham co just beat south less than a week ago and Anderson plays good defense too. Sometimes South doesn't do well in a defensive, low scoring game. Good teams in this 8th region final 4!

Final per Jason Frakes via Twitter.

 

Big win for South.

Tough loss for Coach Gaither. I thought this was the year that Collins made themselves known statewide! Great win South Oldham though. Here's to hoping they don't have an off shooting night. Seems like in the past, they have lived and died by the three.

Congrats to SO. Seen both teams play and they were both the best in the 8th hands down.

Congrats to SO. Seen both teams play and they were both the best in the 8th hands down.

 

Don't quite think so. Oldham, Simon, and Anderson all 3 pretty good. Lets dont forget that Anderson beat Collins, Simon beat South, Oldham beat South, so pretty balanced. Both South and Collins are very good teams, and that was an awesome game, BUT any of the 4 teams left could win the 8th.

You're right 8th Region Warrior ... Collins and South can score points but in a "tight" possession by possession game can South close the deal. That game last night was played the way both like to play. South was shakey late in the game. Both Oldham and Anderson will play good defense. I also was very glad that the late walking call didn't beat South. I would have hated that for the young man.

Very smart play by the kid on Collins who got the delay of game warning. Without that It would have been close of South would of had to inbound the ball. I believe they called the delay of game with 5.2 seconds. Without the whistle the game would have ended.

Calling it a tip is a bit of a stretch. It was equivalent to a tip that we used to play in "tip horse"; as long as your feet were off the ground when you shot; it still gave your opponent a letter. I'm not sure he really got it off in .5 but it certainly added to the drama. When the Collins student section stormed the court; I don't think there was any waving it off.

 

There was no doubt that the ball left Johnson's hand at the end of regulation before the light went off on the backboard.

Collins should be very proud of the way they fought back! They showed a ton of heart and never gave up.

There was no doubt that the ball left Johnson's hand at the end of regulation before the light went off on the backboard.

 

Oh, I agree; just not sure you can get off everything that he did in .5 for that shot; you know the dipsy do tip-in. Only would have mattered if Collins would have won and it was additive to one of the best games I've seen. I was there to watch the SK/Em game but so glad I got to see this. Really cool.

 

I've always been a proponent of fouling intentionally if you are up by 3 with less than 5 seconds. After last night and seeing a game tied with .5, I think I've changed my mind.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.