Guns, Videogame/Media, Culture, Faith, and Parents

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like LC said it starts at home but I do feel teachers, friends co-workers etc have to recognize the signs. Ask questions when concerned, be vigilant for the person that may need you to be. I don't really see how media, games etc plays a part unless someone is an addict to something and in that case I don't think it even holds true bc people will just look for a reason whether or not it's accurate often becomes secondary.

Like LC said it starts at home but I do feel teachers, friends co-workers etc have to recognize the signs. Ask questions when concerned, be vigilant for the person that may need you to be. I don't really see how media, games etc plays a part unless someone is an addict to something and in that case I don't think it even holds true bc people will just look for a reason whether or not it's accurate often becomes secondary.
How would you rank the above in terms of being the most important factor in all mass shootings?

1. Parents

2. Culture

3. Guns

4. Video Games/Media

5. Faith

Although I think the gap is extremely significant between the 1st two and the last three.

Using your five, I would go with:

1. Parents

2. Culture

3. Faith

4. Video Games/Media

5. Guns..........give me a break, guns don't kill. Guns in the hands of CRIMINALS do. :isurrender:

Don't get all bent out of shape when I say this.

There wouldn't be any shootings without guns. There might be knifings or poisonings or keel-haulings. But there wouldn't be shootings.

That being said, all of the aforementioned issues merit discussion and debate before the powers-that-bes' knees jerk all at once.

There wouldn't be any shootings without guns. There might be knifings or poisonings or keel-haulings. But there wouldn't be shootings.

That being said, all of the aforementioned issues merit discussion and debate before the powers-that-bes' knees jerk all at once.

On my phone I can't "like". So I'll just tell you....LOVE this post!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Not getting bent out of shape, just want to point out that without cars there would be no deaths from car accidents. There might be bicycle, boating or skating related deaths, but no automobile related deaths.

No drunk driving without cars either, or alcohol either for that sake.

No cancer from second hand smoke without cigarettes, pipes and cigars.

No highway speeding if cars were regulated to 55mph.

I didn't want to go there but people can't kill people if they're on lockdown 24 hours. As much as it disgusts RM to have armed people in places that those folks rights are infringed upon granting themselves the right to bare arms. I couldn't imagine if the tables were turned...

Not getting bent out of shape, just want to point out that without cars there would be no deaths from car accidents. There might be bicycle, boating or skating related deaths, but no automobile related deaths.

We could just use automated everything. That way no ones will would be broken.

All the old buzz phrases are dusted off. “When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” “Increased gun control means aiming better.” “Guns don’t kill people, people do.” Actually, it’s those darn bullets that puncture the skin and bones, creating holes for the blood to leak out of way too fast.

Guns, Guns and Guns - Will Durst, Humor Times