Guns, Videogame/Media, Culture, Faith, and Parents

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting bent out of shape, just want to point out that without cars there would be no deaths from car accidents. There might be bicycle, boating or skating related deaths, but no automobile related deaths.

Quite correct.

When people start slaughtering our school children en masse with Subarus, let me know.

No drunk driving without cars either, or alcohol either for that sake.

No cancer from second hand smoke without cigarettes, pipes and cigars.

No highway speeding if cars were regulated to 55mph.

To rephrase...

...when people start slaughtering our school children en masse with Subarus, Salems or Strohs, let me know.

Quite correct.

When people start slaughtering our school children en masse with Subarus, let me know.

I got news, people have been slaughtering school children en masse with Subarus as well as every other motor vehicle known to man for a long time now. Never heard of an idiot killing a busload of children?

I got news, people have been slaughtering school children en masse with Subarus as well as every other motor vehicle known to man for a long time now. Never heard of an idiot killing a busload of children?

On purpose? With malice aforethought? 20 at a time?

Parents, it's up to them to take them to church and instill the next one.

Faith, if you have faith you stay away from the next thing due to not wanting to hang out with bad people or areas.

Culture, you don't have to use this as an excuse to be bad, plenty of good people experience bad culture.

Games and media, it shows kids how easy it is to kill with no repercussion and the media glorifies killings in movies and tv.

Guns, I never saw a,gun load itself and walk into a,room and kill anyone.

On purpose? With malice aforethought? 20 at a time?
Does it matter if it was on purpose or with malice afterthought? They're as dead as the ones that were shot. If they're mentally ill, do we blame the guns? Rational thinking people don't, in my book.

The Carrollton, Kentucky collision killed 27 in 1988, the collision and plunge into Big Sandy River on February 28, 1958 in Prestonsburg, Kentucky also killed 27. The Yuba City bus disaster in Martinez, CA in 1976, claimed the lives of 29. All were children except for 1 in '58 and '76. All but 3 were children in '88.

Does it matter if it was on purpose or with malice afterthought? They're as dead as the ones that were shot. If they're mentally ill, do we blame the guns? Rational thinking people don't, in my book.

The Carrollton, Kentucky collision killed 27 in 1988, the collision and plunge into Big Sandy River on February 28, 1958 in Prestonsburg, Kentucky also killed 27. The Yuba City bus disaster in Martinez, CA in 1976, claimed the lives of 29. All were children except for 1 in '58 and '76. All but 3 were children in '88.

Sure it matters.

What one side would like us to conveniently forget is that we're (supposed to be) talking about school shootings. At least that's what the thread led me to believe before it got jacked. Not school bus accidents or smoking.

As a wise person pointed out earlier, there's one constant in school shootings. And it ain't Mazdas or Marlboros.

Sure it matters.

What one side would like us to conveniently forget is that we're (supposed to be) talking about school shootings. At least that's what the thread led me to believe before it got jacked. Not school bus accidents or smoking.

As a wise person pointed out earlier, there's one constant in school shootings. And it ain't Mazdas or Marlboros.

Again, dead is dead.

Yeah, it's sick individuals, that's the constant. Twist all you want to push the blame on the guns, it ain't the guns. Banning them won't stop the next shooter. Gun free zones, won't either nor will limiting mag capacity. The problem with your view is it appears to blame only the object used. That's not the problem but, what the hell, lets pass another worthless ban that will solve nothing.

On the evening of February 23, 2001, just after 11pm UCSB student David Attias drove his 1991 Saab down the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road at high speed into nine parked cars and five pedestrians, killing four and critically injuring a fifth.[1] Attias ran the stop sign at the intersection of Sabado Tarde and Camino Pescadero at around 50 mph, during peak hours for foot traffic in Isla Vista. After slamming his Saab into two parked vehicles, he swerved and hit the pedestrians, sideswiping seven other vehicles in his attempt.[1]

Police: Man intentionally crashed car to kill 17-year-old girlfriend in Lancaster County

Read more at Man intentionally crashed car to kill 17-year-old girlfriend in Lancaster County; Man crashes car to kill girlfriend | WPMT FOX43

A mother who crashed her car with her two young children inside wanted to kill herself and her daughters following an argument with her estranged husband, according to police

So yes it does happen intentionally...in the Carrollton bus crash no one knows what the driver of the truck was thinking. I'm not saying it was intentional but there is no way to conclusively know that this guy didn't have mental break and just do it is there?

Sure it matters.

Many more than one constant, just one constant that is convenient.

So yes it does happen intentionally...in the Carrollton bus crash no one knows what the driver of the truck was thinking. I'm not saying it was intentional but there is no way to conclusively know that this guy didn't have mental break and just do it is there?

No, there is not.

But that wasn't a school shooting; as the thread title is trying to address. School shootings aren't done with Greyhounds or Guinesses.

Much as many would like to turn a blind eye to that inalienable fact.