Should Jonathan Jackson win Mr. Kentucky Football

Toothpick

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at who Quick played. He played the toughest schedule that this state has seen 3 years in a row and was THE X factor every time. I know Timmons and Jackson can't help who they played against. They dominated their competition. Quick was dominant against some of the best teams in the entire Midwest.

Look at who Quick played. He played the toughest schedule that this state has seen 3 years in a row and was THE X factor every time. I know Timmons and Jackson can't help who they played against. They dominated their competition. Quick was dominant against some of the best teams in the entire Midwest.

Dominated is a strong concept for a wide receiver.

Take Quick off Trinity and Jackson off Mayfield. Tell me where you think each respective team would be at the end of the year.
If they gave the award for the best player on Mayfields team then Jackson wins easily. If you are starting a team from scratch you take the best player available and that player would be Quick. Jackson is great...but the fact is that he is not fast and dominates against a Class A schedule.

Quick is definately the player in Ky with the most potential at the next level and is the highest rated HS player in the state.. If that's what the award is about, then he should win it, hands down..However, Trinity would have been great with or without him.. Scott Co & St X are arguably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in 6a and Trinity beat them without Quick, so, they were still the best team in the largest class in Ky.. Jacksons actual numbers dwarf that of Quick, as well as Timmons numbers.. Those 2 guys were probably more valuable to there teams than Quick was, plus they played both ways.. So, I guess the question is, is Mr Football in Ky an award for the most talented player in the state or the one who was the most valuable to there team..

I've never understood the "how important is he to his team" argument. Why penalize the most talented player simply because he also has other talented players. Just pick the best player. I'd say it's Quick or Timmons. Note: I have never watched Jackson play so I cannot speak intelligently about him. I just don't care how important he is to the team.

If they gave the award for the best player on Mayfields team then Jackson wins easily. If you are starting a team from scratch you take the best player available and that player would be Quick. Jackson is great...but the fact is that he is not fast and dominates against a Class A schedule.

He dominated all class's he faced. If you put Quick on a Beechwood (for instance), does he take that team to the state title? Or just about any team? A local coach told me if you put Jackson on Graves County then they contend for the state title.

Enough for me, I have seen it with my own eyes and I have seen many great players in this area, Casey, Barber, Jones, Atwell, Moss, Bright and he fits in their category.

I've never understood the "how important is he to his team" argument. Why penalize the most talented player simply because he also has other talented players. Just pick the best player. I'd say it's Quick or Timmons. Note: I have never watched Jackson play so I cannot speak intelligently about him. I just don't care how important he is to the team.

I somewhat agree with this statement about picking the best player but I don't think Mr football every year has done that.

Easy way to solve this is since they have 6 classes of football lets have a Mr. Kentucky in each class. Myself I have seen Jackson in person, my dreams and a hugh headache in Class A football. For Quick I have only seen him on film that I got from other schools that played him. I was told by a Ryle coach back when Quick first played for Trinity he was the best WR he has ever seen play. I turned and told him you have not seen Jackson from Mayfield. We say don't compare score's etc., however looking at strenght of schedule neither Trinity nor Mayfield play a cup cake schedule. I wished they both could get it and I wish them both best of luck.JD