Should Jonathan Jackson win Mr. Kentucky Football

Toothpick

Jackson is a two-way player, which makes him much more valuable than a guy that plays on just one side of the ball. If we're rewarding the best prospect, then I am sure Quick is the guy. If we're rewarding the guy that accomplished the most on the high school level, Jackson has to be a serious contender for the award.

Anyone who doesn't think that Quick would have been the best cornerback in Kentucky had he been put in that position just doesn't know the player that he is. The young man could step up and play outside linebacker if he had to. Or running back. Or safety. Seriously. There is not one coach in Kentucky worth his weight in salt that could honestly say "I would rather have (insert any HS player's name here) than James Quick."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? I don't agree at all.

My post was not meant to diminish Quick's acomplishments but rather to give a shout-out to Wright who passed him the ball so well. If James was receiving throws from an inferior passer, then I do think his numbers would have been down some. He would have the same ability but not quite the stats.

• 2 weeks later...