92 year old Boone County, KY man shoots and kills intruder

hoosierbirdfan

A 92 year old man heard someone breaking into his basement in Boone County last night. He heard them coming from the basement as they came up the steps into his home. He got his shotgun and killed one of the three intruders, while the other two ran off. The 92 year old said " they left with a little different attitude"(as he smiled) :D. No charges are being filed because the 92 year old was defending himself. The intruder that was killed was 24 years old and the other two intruders were arrested a short time later.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberals and conservatives may disagree on assault weapon or armor piercing bullett bans, but I think everyone is on board with the 92 year old WWII vet's right to bear arms to defend himself in his own home.

When the homeowner was the intruders' age, he was fighting the Imperial Japanese Army. Here's hoping the two intruders who survived receive max jail sentences.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-northern-kentucky/Boone-County-homeowner-shoots-kills-intruder/-/13608792/16463942/-/b33lt6z/-/index.html

In a somewhat odd connection, on Saturday we laid to rest another 92 year old WWII veteran of the South Pacific, a dear friend of mine that was the epitome of class and a true gentleman. Two years ago, he went with us to Washington DC on a school trip to see the WWII Veterans Memorial.

With that said, this man did absolutely the right thing. Those intruders might have expected that the 92 year old was an easy target. I am glad that this proved not to be the case. Likewise, it wouldn't be the case in my home either. Don't mess with this 38 year old school teacher! :D

I don't think this is the first time he has had issues with people messing around his property. Sorry someone died, however they came to do harm or rob him. Justice has been served. I would be afraid to own a gun in case I killed a family member in the middle of the night on accident.

In a somewhat odd connection, on Saturday we laid to rest another 92 year old WWII veteran of the South Pacific, a dear friend of mine that was the epitome of class and a true gentleman. Two years ago, he went with us to Washington DC on a school trip to see the WWII Veterans Memorial.

With that said, this man did absolutely the right thing. Those intruders might have expected that the 92 year old was an easy target. I am glad that this proved not to be the case. Likewise, it wouldn't be the case in my home either. Don't mess with this 38 year old school teacher! :D

My 85-yr-old dad lives alone. I'm pretty sure he owns no guns. No matter. If someone messes with him, they mess with 21 grandkids, 5 daughters and their husbands, one son and his wife. Plus a bunch of neices and nephews, siblings and great grandnephews/neices, neighbors, etc. That's just in the United States. Once we alert all the Irish connections, then it's pretty much "Son's of Anarchy".

WWII Vet who got that amazing opportunity last Ocotober to be a passenger on an Honor's Flight to visit the WWII Memorial.

Dad would easily give his life for a 24-yr-old. Way different scenario if there is a misguided 24-yr-old trying to take his life.

Drug addiction is out of control right now and criminal activity like break in's, robbery, etc are primarily fueled by addicts needing money. Old dude had every right to protect himself and his loot. I hate to hear someone died over this but maybe it will be a lesson to any other criminals out there thinking of busting into a house.

I don't think this is the first time he has had issues with people messing around his property. Sorry someone died, however they came to do harm or rob him. Justice has been served. I would be afraid to own a gun in case I killed a family member in the middle of the night on accident.

Today's paper mentioned he had several head of cattle stolen and also had been broken into one other time this year. The old man has no remorse (nor should he) and wanted to shoot the other 2 if they had not fled. His biggest issue is that the police took his 22 rifle as evidence. I'm thinking about running an extra gun out to him. The 2 other robbers also took the body with them and will be charged with tampering.

Where did they take the body? If they took him to the hospital or to receive medical treatment, that seems harsh to me.

According to the article, they put him in the car drove somewhere to call the cops and made up some story of how he got shot. That's how they arrested the other two. Good that they stuck up for their buddy that was shot, but they may qualify for worlds dumbest criminals?