23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ryle score on Colerain?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it would be in Ryles best interest to sigh that contract at this point and time. If they don't sign, what team from the Bluegrass will Colerain try to sign. There will be a couple teams looking for games more than likely, that will be a berry check for Colerain. jmo

And whether or not Ryle has the "berries" to sign the contract sitting on the AD's desk for another two year agreement.

-CardinalsFan

Thread, in the sense of title only, is a joke. Who ever predicts a shutout in a football game. Sure, Ryle could score. A corner could slip, a broken coverage, a kick return, etc. Whether they do score or not is in no way an indicator of what a mismatch the game is.

Some interesting scheduling debate in the thread though. While I give Ryle credit for giving Colerain a whirl, I stand firmly in the camp of they shouldn't be playing them. They tried it, and know where they stand now. No need to keep beating your head against the proverbial wall.

And, I really never understood the whole concept of "to get better you have to play the best." Does that mean for me to improve my 100m time I need to race against Usain Bolt every day? I'm pretty sure the best sprinter in Cincinnati or even NKY., would be plenty of competition (and more) than I'd need to gauge how fast I am.

Point being, if I'm Ryle, why go after a Bolt type team. I can go after schools like Anderson, Kings, Mason, Lebanon, Centerville, LaSalle, Sycamore, etc. and get a plenty good test. Why ask to be embarrassed?

Why would Colerain want to renew, someone like Highlands of CovCath would prob have more value to the Cards?

You're joking, right? Highlands and CovCath want nothing to do with Colerain during the regular season. They won't play the Cards, plain and simple.

-CardinalsFan

I don't believe it would be in Ryles best interest to sigh that contract at this point and time. If they don't sign, what team from the Bluegrass will Colerain try to sign. There will be a couple teams looking for games more than likely, that will be a berry check for Colerain. jmo

If Ryle chooses not to re-sign, Colerain will look north: Dayton or Columbus. There is no one else in NKY willing to play Colerain on a home-and-home agreement.

-CardinalsFan

You're joking, right? Highlands and CovCath want nothing to do with Colerain during the regular season. They won't play the Cards, plain and simple.

-CardinalsFan

Huh?? Why do you think that's true?? They schedule other big boys from over there. Is Colrain that much better than Moeller, Elder, Trinity and others? What would be be afraid of?

Why?

Why is it ok for CovCath to schedule Moeller, a school 2x their size but Ryle shouldn't schedule Colerain, a school SMALLER than them and also public?

Explain your comment, please.

-CardinalsFan

Because, quite frankly, Ohio football is the major leagues , and except for 3 or 4 programs in the state, Kentucky is not. Kentucky athletic identity is basketball not football. You just do not have the tradition and history of football here in KY that exists in Ohio. Ryle is still a relatively young school (about 20 years old) , and they have only been competitive for about the last 6.

IMO Ryle or most any other school should be playing Cov. Cath and Highlands even before playing the elite Ohio programs.

Huh?? Why do you think that's true?? They schedule other big boys from over there. Is Colrain that much better than Moeller, Elder, Trinity and others? What would be be afraid of?

I don't think it's true, I know it's true. I'm not saying Colerain is any better or worse than any of those schools you mentioned. I am just saying that Highlands and CovCath will not schedule them. Clear as day.

And again, for the umpteenth time...Highlands did NOT schedule Trinity. It was a practice, that is all.

-CardinalsFan

Because, quite frankly, Ohio football is the major leagues , and except for 3 or 4 programs in the state, Kentucky is not. Kentucky athletic identity is basketball not football. You just do not have the tradition and history of football here in KY that exists in Ohio. Ryle is still a relatively young school (about 20 years old) , and they have only been competitive for about the last 6.

IMO Ryle or most any other school should be playing Cov. Cath and Highlands even before playing the elite Ohio programs.

So you are saying that Highlands and CovCath are not on the same level as Colerain? Yikes....you are going to cause a broo-ha-ha in here my friend!!

-CardinalsFan

So you are saying that Highlands and CovCath are not on the same level as Colerain? Yikes....you are going to cause a broo-ha-ha in here my friend!!

-CardinalsFan

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that scheduling should be consistent with the level of development of your program. First play Cov. Cath and Highlands even (for a prolonged period of time, which Ryle has not yet done) then schedule the Ohio powers.

I don't think it's true, I know it's true. I'm not saying Colerain is any better or worse than any of those schools you mentioned. I am just saying that Highlands and CovCath will not schedule them. Clear as day.

And again, for the umpteenth time...Highlands did NOT schedule Trinity. It was a practice, that is all.

-CardinalsFan

Didn't highlands just play Colerain a few years ago? And if memory serves correctly i was told from a reliable coach that these teams usually sign contracts to play a year or two. After playing one team once or twice, wouldn't you want your open games in your schedule to have a little variety? Yes, Colerain is good. But Highlands or any of the KY teams for that matter should not keep scheduling the same Ohio team over and over. What does that prove. It makes you one dimensional and then you start playing to beat that kind of team. But what if that's not the kind of team you'll be seeing in the playoffs in KY? Then you've wasted a game on a team that isn't helping you get ready but maybe will put a handful of guys one the shelf dinged up for a few weeks. Teams should not schedule above their heads unless they want to get blown out each week. Am I saying that people shouldn't schedule Colerain or or bigger Ohio teams, no. But think about the talent you have while scheduling your opponents. In my opinion, Colerain is over-hyped and they just don't seem to be as exciting for me to watch as say an Elder, Moeller, or X. But don't say they are scared or refuse. Dale, nor B. Warner, nor whomever Has been at the helm all the way back to Lynn Ray have never backed down from playing a good team when they have a good team. That is just untrue and an attempt to stir the pot!