Traffic at Riverbend for Aldean

All In

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to numerous sold out concerts at Riverbend and never taken more than maybe 20 minutes to get back into KY. Fact is, if you know what you're doing, it takes no time at all to get out. Everyone that goes knows if you turn left, you're stuck in traffic. Turn right and you're home in no time at all. Don't blame Ohio for your mistake.

The cops didn't even let people out of the River Downs exit until at least 30 minutes after the show last night. First time I had ever seen that. Once we got out of the lot and turned right we were home in Edgewood 20 minutes later though

The cops didn't even let people out of the River Downs exit until at least 30 minutes after the show last night. First time I had ever seen that. Once we got out of the lot and turned right we were home in Edgewood 20 minutes later though

Which exit? There's two, one which you have to wait at, the other that they always let you out right away.

That's what I have been saying, it was 40 minutes before I got out of River Downs,except I turned left(being the dumb Kentuckian that I am) because my exit is less than 5 minutes from Riverbend that way, that's where I got in another 45 minute logjam, oh well more than enough said on the subject. The concert was great.

I have been parking in the same area for years now and I always get out right away. I park in River Downs' lot that's to the left of the building. The gate was open as soon as I was there and they actually make you turn right out of that lot.

The problem with Riverbend and the Cincinnati police is that they don't actively divert traffic to and from there via the New Richmond exit. They let everything get bottlenecked on the bridge coming in and then herd them out the same way. I saw people actually stopping in the middle lane on 275 and turning their blinker on to get over so they could take that first exit; backing up traffic in that lane as cars are flying by in the fast lane. Accidents waiting to happen.

If I recall correctly, when Riverbend was 1st built, you paid to park at the entrance and traffic always backed up onto 275. An elderly couple was rear-ended in concert traffic on the bridge one day and a lawsuit came from that. I can't remember if they died or were just injured. Anyway, because of that lawsuit, a charge was added to tickets for parking to try to alleviate the backups. Guess what? It didn't work because there are still backups. The only difference is I paid $14 for parking last night ($3.50x4 tickets). Who gets that money? And they still can't figure out how to get people in and out with ease.

I have been parking in the same area for years now and I always get out right away. I park in River Downs' lot that's to the left of the building. The gate was open as soon as I was there and they actually make you turn right out of that lot.

The problem with Riverbend and the Cincinnati police is that they don't actively divert traffic to and from there via the New Richmond exit. They let everything get bottlenecked on the bridge coming in and then herd them out the same way. I saw people actually stopping in the middle lane on 275 and turning their blinker on to get over so they could take that first exit; backing up traffic in that lane as cars are flying by in the fast lane. Accidents waiting to happen.

If I recall correctly, when Riverbend was 1st built, you paid to park at the entrance and traffic always backed up onto 275. An elderly couple was rear-ended in concert traffic on the bridge one day and a lawsuit came from that. I can't remember if they died or were just injured. Anyway, because of that lawsuit, a charge was added to tickets for parking to try to alleviate the backups. Guess what? It didn't work because there are still backups. The only difference is I paid $14 for parking last night ($3.50x4 tickets). Who gets that money? And they still can't figure out how to get people in and out with ease.

Good post:thumb:

30 minutes in the parking lot, 45 minutes on the highway? Maybe Riverbend needs to be on the other side of the river and things would run better:thumb: you shouldn't have to park here and there and come up with plans on how to get out. Been to Lowe's Motor Speedway,Bristol,Martinsville with crowds over 100,000 and never had the problems like last night, just another reason to despise Buckeyes:madman:

That is a big part of the problem they're land locked. When you pull out of there 85-90% of the folks are turning left with only 2 lanes headed that direction, of that croud about 60-65% are trying to get back on to 275 west. Be a different story if people could exit towards the river rather than away from the river.