Facebook friend criteria

themayor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New thing I am about to delete every person that promotes Zija every post. Sheesh.
I started a "I Don't Want Zija" group about three years ago. That put a stop to it for me --- especially when the group grew bigger than the actual local Zija group.

I did get two requests for me to take it down because it was "bad for their business". I told them if they didn't bug the living hell out of everyone with their pyramid scheme then there would be no need for it...

And we cannot ignore the hot girls with revealing pictures. They get accepted as well.

Except that is what the hackers are using to get you to accept them as a friend…

I started a "I Don't Want Zija" group about three years ago. That put a stop to it for me --- especially when the group grew bigger than the actual local Zija group.

I did get two requests for me to take it down because it was "bad for their business". I told them if they didn't bug the living hell out of everyone with their pyramid scheme then there would be no need for it...

I've never heard of it. What is it -- one of those nutrition programs?

I'm actually starting to question why I'm even on facebook. People are really starting to annoy me more and more. Like many have said on here already, I don't care when you vaccuumed and dusted, where you are eating and what you had, nor do I need to see a picture of your broken foot next to your unbroken foot to really appreciate your injury (yes, I have a friend that did that)!

I'm actually starting to question why I'm even on facebook. People are really starting to annoy me more and more. Like many have said on here already, I don't care when you vaccuumed and dusted, where you are eating and what you had, nor do I need to see a picture of your broken foot next to your unbroken foot to really appreciate your injury (yes, I have a friend that did that)!

I agree, I use to really enjoy it but now I get very annoyed at what some people on there. I don't care what you made for supper each night unless I'm invited to eat.

Agreed, I find myself using it more like twitter. My status update last night was something along the lines of "Congrats Christian Watford(think that was his name) it was really nice of ESPN to present you with that participation trophy, I like UK's national championship trophy better"

I don't really care to tell people every time I had a bad experience that day.

This is going to come off somewhat rude, but here it goes. It is actually more of a theory.

I have noticed a lot of my contemporaries that have been on FB for almost 10 years, since the time it was exclusive to .edu email addresses are most fed up with FB and what it has evolved in to. Not just from a website perspective, but also the crowd it now attracts. My generation has grown up with computers, so we know the advantages it can bring, but also the negatives. The majority of what myself and friends find "goofy/silly/stupid/etc." content from "friends" comes from those really young that have no idea what they are doing, and those beyond our generation. I think a lot of it is just an unwritten code of FB - and social networking in general - that it takes some time to develop a sense of what is acceptable and what is not. Most people I grew up with or that had accounts from the beginning are nowhere near as active now, because they have aged and matured in FB years. I am not these people do not belong on FB, just that many in my generation feel some need to pass a litmus test first :D

The best analogy I can make is that at one time everyone was part of a private golf course, then membership was opened up the rest of the nation. Not in a Bushwood, Caddyshack II type of way, but sort of :D