Facebook friend criteria

themayor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I know someone, I will friend them. If their updates are annoying, I'll just unsubscribe to them. If I get more than one game request, I unfriend them.

The worst are the ones who post something controversial and them when you say something of the opposite opinion, they delete your comment. I'm finished with you, FB and beyond, if you do that.

The worst are the ones who post something controversial and them when you say something of the opposite opinion, they delete your comment. I'm finished with you, FB and beyond, if you do that.

This is what I dislike about Facebook the most and why it is almost never the place for any serious debate.

This is what I dislike about Facebook the most and why it is almost never the place for any serious debate.
I agree. If I want debate, I come to BGP. When I post something on Facebook, I'm not looking for dissenting opinions. That's kind of like taking a bumper sticker off of someone's car and replacing it with your own.

I understand here you are coming from, but why have a comment button below posts?
Comment buttons are for comments, of all kinds. I just don't see it as an invitation to spar with someone over something that is very personal to them, on what is (at least metaphorically speaking) their own turf. If I put a political sign up in my yard for candidate A, I don't expect my neighbor to come along five minutes later and put up a sign for candidate B right in front of it.

Comment buttons are for comments, of all kinds. I just don't see it as an invitation to spar with someone over something that is very personal to them, on what is (at least metaphorically speaking) their own turf. If I put a political sign up in my yard for candidate A, I don't expect my neighbor to come along five minutes later and put up a sign for candidate B right in front of it.

I don't buy that analogy, a facebook post is an invitation for comment. I don't post political/controversial things on facebook because I don't want to argue on there.

I probably should have been a lot more strict over the years. I really need to cull my friends list of people I don't really know but I'm too lazy to do it. I'm at the point now where I don't accept people that I don't know and don't feel bad for unfriending people who are annoying.

I don't buy that analogy, a facebook post is an invitation for comment. I don't post political/controversial things on facebook because I don't want to argue on there.
No, Facebook is most certainly is not a place for rude contradiction. It is not meant to be nothing but a debate forum. A person's Facebook page is whatever they decide it to be. It is their own area, to do with and control as they please. If you want to debate someone, take it to a forum designed for that purpose. I think it's just rude to get on someone's wall and belittle or contradict their opinion. If you want to debate, do it peoperly.

No, Facebook is most certainly is not a place for rude contradiction. It is not meant to be nothing but a debate forum. A person's Facebook page is whatever they decide it to be. It is their own area, to do with and control as they please. If you want to debate someone, take it to a forum designed for that purpose. I think it's just rude to get on someone's wall and belittle or contradict their opinion. If you want to debate, do it peoperly.

:lol: The entire site is oriented around interaction and discussion, thus the "social" in "social media."

Pretty simple really, you don't like what someone comments on your wall post, delete it. You have that ability. You don't want to have people post comments, don't make posts.