An attempt to evaluate the possible trade market for the Reds...

I didn't say anything about power, although Frazier is the Reds' best bet at 3B at the moment.

Cozart simply won't hit enough to be anything remotely better than an average 3B, and it would be a waste of his defensive skills.

What difference does it make if his offensive numbers came from playing SS Defensively or 3B? :deadhorse:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An "average" OBP for a leadoff hitter, combined with no power, perhaps the worst outfield arm in the majors ... that doesn't equate to anything resembling a productive player.

He has had a very very productive career though, you are not making any sense...And he is still having a very productive year, tell me what from an offensive standpoint isn't or hasn't been productive about Pierre? I don't want to hear about his arm in LF that is why he plays LF everyone knows that, he still has good range and your not going to give away games with him being out there...For the Reds he would have been signed to be nothing more than a Left Handed hitter off the bench just like Harris was signed for...However if he hit for the Reds like he has hit for the Phills he would have forced his way possibly into majority Starts in LF and the lead-off hitter...

An "average" OBP for a leadoff hitter, combined with no power, perhaps the worst outfield arm in the majors ... that doesn't equate to anything resembling a productive player.

It's much more productive than what the Reds have received from their leadoff hitter to date.

Id love to have Revere and I have brought his name up before and got knocked pretty hard for it...He is young with blazing speed, makes good contact and is a local kid...The Twins are a mess and would like to rebuild however I think Revere is someone they would like to keep, I think they will Trade Span because he is older...Revere will replace Span once Span gets moved...

What difference does it make if his offensive numbers came from playing SS Defensively or 3B? :deadhorse:
Because if Cozart plays third, he will be among the lower-level hitters at that position. Better to keep him at a prime defensive position, where he is legitimately good, and find a third baseman that can hit.

He has had a very very productive career though, you are not making any sense...And he is still having a very productive year, tell me what from an offensive standpoint isn't or hasn't been productive about Pierre? I don't want to hear about his arm in LF that is why he plays LF everyone knows that, he still has good range and your not going to give away games with him being out there...For the Reds he would have been signed to be nothing more than a Left Handed hitter off the bench just like Harris was signed for...However if he hit for the Reds like he has hit for the Phills he would have forced his way possibly into majority Starts in LF and the lead-off hitter...
If you really think Juan Pierre has been a productive player for much of his career ... well, enough said.

If you really think Juan Pierre has been a productive player for much of his career ... well, enough said.

Over 2000 hits...An average OBP just points below. 350...An average for his career of just under. 300...Same number of walks as strikeouts...Over 550 steals, 87 triples...

5 straight seasons without missing a game...Led the league in base hits 2 times, top 5 five times...10 straight seasons top 5 SB's...Top 5 singles ten times...5 times top 5 in Sac hits...10 seasons top 5 in ABs per K

You have basically said through all of this that you would rather have Harris than Pierre...Absurd

Over 2000 hits...An average OBP just points below. 350...An average for his career of just under. 300...Same number of walks as strikeouts...Over 550 steals, 87 triples...

5 straight seasons without missing a game...Led the league in base hits 2 times, top 5 five times...10 straight seasons top 5 SB's...Top 5 singles ten times...5 times top 5 in Sac hits...10 seasons top 5 in ABs per K

Most of his "good" seasons were in hitters' paradise in Denver ... despite playing nearly every day, Pierre hasn't scored 100 runs in a season as a leadoff hitter since 2005.

If he plays every day, who cares if he isn't that good? He doesn't walk all that much, so who cares if his walks and Ks are close? And what do sacrifices and ABs per strikeout have to do with determining what is a good player? If he's bunting that often, his team must not think he's a very good hitter.

You have basically said through all of this that you would rather have Harris than Pierre...Absurd
I said nothing of the sort. If you want to take shots at me, get your facts straight.

Most of his "good" seasons were in hitters' paradise in Denver ... despite playing nearly every day, Pierre hasn't scored 100 runs in a season as a leadoff hitter since 2005.

If he plays every day, who cares if he isn't that good? He doesn't walk all that much, so who cares if his walks and Ks are close? And what do sacrifices and ABs per strikeout have to do with determining what is a good player? If he's bunting that often, his team must not think he's a very good hitter.

I said nothing of the sort. If you want to take shots at me, get your facts straight.

He played about 2 and 1/3 years in Denver...He has put up the majority of his good years in Fla, both Chicagos and LA...FLA is not a hitters park and im not sure that Denver had an affect on him either because he doesnt hit for power...

He hits leadoff if he doesnt score how is that his fault...He does everything he can do to get on including bunting and stealing and he has speed...If the guys behind him get hits he scores its easy, he doesnt control that...Also a lot of time he sacs runners over for the team, he is the best in the game at it idk how thats not important ...Also why wouodnt it be important that he bats leadoff and walks as much as he strikesout and has one of the best BB to K rates in the game every year...

He is an average to an above average leadoff hitter...He doesnt strikeout a whole lot, Swipes bags, Bunt for hits and Sacs...He is the anti Stubbs, He is what everyone wishes Stubbs with his speed would be....You make it sound like your version of the ultimate leadoff hitter is Drew Stubbs...

He played about 2 and 1/3 years in Denver...He has put up the majority of his good years in Fla, both Chicagos and LA...FLA is not a hitters park and im not sure that Denver had an affect on him either because he doesnt hit for power...
Seriously, what were Pierre's good seasons? He was fine in 2004 and had a good year as a semi-regular in 2009, but that's it. Teams are blinded by his speed and think he's a leadoff hitter, when actually he's not even that good a leadoff hitter.

He hits leadoff if he doesnt score how is that his fault...He does everything he can do to get on including bunting and stealing and he has speed...
That's just it ... he doesn't get on base all that often, certainly not enough to overcome his shortcomings.

You make it sound like your version of the ultimate leadoff hitter is Drew Stubbs...
What a crock.