Gay man on Wheel of Fortune.

We watch this show every nite we are home, Mama loves to play this game. On tuesday nite's show this guy in his early 30s was a great player. He had won up to $25K before the last puzzle where he goes for the big prize. Before he spun the little wheel Pat Sajak said "who do you have in the audience? The man replied "My Mom, brother, cousin and my boyfriend Dennis".

He then spun the wheel and it stopped and Pat said "My, My, My", As they walked to the spot Pat turned to him and said.."don't follow too close"...Mama said it was just Pat talking but I couldn't tell if Pat was being funny or what. He is very witty on the show.

So, let me ask people on here who think this life style is OK, why do we still have some issues with the Gay people?

Why do the Gays have a closet they have to come out of?

Why do some states still disapprove of the word marriage for Gays? North Carolina

is there anyone on here who is Gay and we don't know it?

Why isn't there Gays running for President or any higher office?

Just wondering. I have met some really nice people who were gay and I treated them as I would anyone. If no one answers these questions I'll understand, just thought it was funny on the show..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be proud of the life you live.

Exactly. You'll be loved by your neighbors, you'll be accepted at your church, you'll be able to wed the person you love. Not sure why they're hiding.

Exactly. You'll be loved by your neighbors, you'll be accepted at your church, you'll be able to wed the person you love. Not sure why they're hiding.

No one will bully you, or post nasty things on facebook or twitter . . .

AL I think you missed the initial sarcasm. People stay in the closet because there are all kinds of people who are not accepting of the differences. I have read stories of probably 10 kids this year who have committed suicide because of the bullying that took place once people found out.

That is the reason for the 'It Gets Better' Campaign.

At one time had two sets of Gay men living on my street. One still 6 houses down from me and the others used to be right next door, but they have since moved. The ones that moved bought the house from their gay friend, so in essence for over 10 years had gays right next door. Honestly they were the best neighbors I have ever had, they were open and were able to hand out and take jokes about being gay. One year 8 couples from our street went to Gatlinburg for a weekend and they went and we had a blast, boy could those guys cook! I always say......whatever floats your boat.

The same reason a lot of people still have issues with Blacks, Mexicans, Arabs, and etc. The majority always has to hate what is different.

If you look through our history as a whole, the majority is always hating on someone, whether it was the Native Americans, Blacks, Irish, Japanese...there is always someone. I'm not sure who the primary target of the hatred is right now, but it might just be homosexuals. Which I find interesting because we will have moved from race to something totally different. Makes you wonder what will be next.

The same reason a lot of people still have issues with Blacks, Mexicans, Arabs, and etc. The majority always has to hate what is different.

If you look through our history as a whole, the majority is always hating on someone, whether it was the Native Americans, Blacks, Irish, Japanese...there is always someone. I'm not sure who the primary target of the hatred is right now, but it might just be homosexuals. Which I find interesting because we will have moved from race to something totally different. Makes you wonder what will be next.

Exactly, if it isn't due to color of skin, it's due to religious denomination. It is a flaw in the human genome.

Think Pat Sajak will get any reprimand or backlash for the comment?

Not sure, he says things a lot where we look at each other and wonder.. Mama felt I mis understood his comment. And it could have been by me.

Gay people I have no issue as long as they keep the marriage word what its meant to be. I have said on here and in the Courier-Journal that two same sex cannot be married, but they can and should have rights as a Union same sex couple.

Would you want your child as a teacher/Scout leader/Coach/cousin as a gay person? My first wife's cousin was a gay guy who passed away due to AIDs before he was 30. I inter acted with him as I would anyone.

This past Monday Leonard Pitts wrote an article about Matthew Vines a Havard grad at 22 who talks about his Christian walk as a Gay person, Mr. Pitts raised some intreresting points. I emailed Mr. Pitts and shared some verses, His secretary wrote me and said he will respond later.