Gay man on Wheel of Fortune.

Why would that matter?
So, you would be Ok with it.

I'm not sure. But to some folks it would be very serious.

I've had issues with straight people in these positions, but who they had a realtionship was not one of the issues.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you would be Ok with it.

I'm not sure. But to some folks it would be very serious.

I've had issues with straight people in these positions, but who they had a realtionship was not one of the issues.

Is it different and make me think twice? Maybe. But, only because that is not the world we grew up in where it was such a stigma to hold the gay label. But the inference - whether you intended or not - is that gay people are unable to carry on with those tasks like straight people due to their sexual preference and would be uncontrollable. That same "leader" may not be gay but could be a pedophile. In that case who would you want?

The obvious answer is the best person for the job does bring their personal sexual preference in to matters.

Think Pat Sajak will get any reprimand or backlash for the comment?

Only if the White House writes a makeup question for some random reporter to ask the President so he can start a hate war now about political correctness. I guess Pat Sajak will have to be fired now.

Is it different and make me think twice? Maybe. But, only because that is not the world we grew up in where it was such a stigma to hold the gay label. But the inference - whether you intended or not - is that gay people are unable to carry on with those tasks like straight people due to their sexual preference and would be uncontrollable. That same "leader" may not be gay but could be a pedophile. In that case who would you want?

The obvious answer is the best person for the job does bring their personal sexual preference in to matters.

I have a long way to go as I try to be understanding to thoses who are different, and as a parent of 4 sons they have taught me more about others than I probably have them. They have some friends who are gay and they get upset when I tease and say things inside our home. I have done very well with this department on them, but need to grow so much more.

I'd have no problem of a gay person being my kid's coach/teacher/leader as long as he did his job.

But I also would witness to them about Jesus Christ many times, so they have to deal with me too.

I likely would have no idea whether a teacher was gay or not. I never asked the sexual orientation of any of my kids' teachers. I watched that Wheel of Fortune, and I think you're reading into it. Pat always warns people when they're over there.

Only if the White House writes a makeup question for some random reporter to ask the President so he can start a hate war now about political correctness. I guess Pat Sajak will have to be fired now.

You are insanely ridiculous. Not everything centers around President Obama. When you talk about starting a hate war, you should seriously look in the mirror.

You are insanely ridiculous. Not everything centers around President Obama. When you talk about starting a hate war, you should seriously look in the mirror.

Why should I look in the mirror, Im not the one commenting to the press about things. Obama is the President and the Big cheese, so yeah everything should center around him or his administration.

He bashed a white cop for arresting a black professor for disorderly conduct, after the white cop was only doing his duty, and had to have a beer sit down to make himself look better.

Then goes out of his way to make sure the free world knows Trayvon might look like him, another black incident. Another teachable moment for us.

I hate racism and racist. BUT I WILL speak up when I think one group is trying to do just such a thing. I wont sit back and be part of the group who just lets everything slide by and is afraid to say anything to make someone mad and just be ran over.

Every thread you start or post you make is filled with hate towards blacks, gays, athesists, etc....Like I said if you're talking about trying to start hate wars, you should look in the mirror.

Not true, but they are the only ones on this site of topics that are pushing agendas, if I am pushed, I push back. If a group is pushed, then I push for them, I dont care what race they are. Sorry I dont take it like the rest.

Will this help, I cant believe a bunch of christian white crackers helped vote down gay marriage in N.C. Only in the bible belt. And to think Pres. Obama picked them to win the NCAA for 2 straight yrs. No more picks for them on the bracket.

Not true, but they are the only ones on this site of topics that are pushing agendas, if I am pushed, I push back. If a group is pushed, then I push for them, I dont care what race they are. Sorry I dont take it like the rest.

Will this help, I cant believe a bunch of christian white crackers helped vote down gay marriage in N.C. Only in the bible belt. And to think Pres. Obama picked them to win the NCAA for 2 straight yrs. No more picks for them on the bracket.

Now, THAT'S funny!!!

I have a long way to go as I try to be understanding to thoses who are different, and as a parent of 4 sons they have taught me more about others than I probably have them. They have some friends who are gay and they get upset when I tease and say things inside our home. I have done very well with this department on them, but need to grow so much more.

I'd have no problem of a gay person being my kid's coach/teacher/leader as long as he did his job.

But I also would witness to them about Jesus Christ many times, so they have to deal with me too.

Them just being gay somehow is an imposition upon you, to the point they will in turn "have to deal" with you?

Them just being gay somehow is an imposition upon you, to the point they will in turn "have to deal" with you?
Dealing the same as a nonbeliever deals with me on a site compared to face to face. I'll point out scripture showing where they are in Sin using the bible as my guide. The bible tell us to warn others of their Sin, we will be blessed in doing just that, if we refuse to do this their blood will be on our hands. and thats a Sin on me.

Dealing with me to help them into heaven.

I thought the Bible said we aren't to pass judgement? Or is that a part of the Bible we don't have to take literally?

Imagine you know a road is closed but the sign is missing, you see a car coming down the road, do you warn them? You can warn/guide/help someone without passing judgement on them. If I see someone sinning I can help them we all do in times of our lives.

Only Jesus can judge but to be fair I have had people pass judgement on me and its not fun, I usually say.."Ok, throw a rock at me". I also have folks help me see a light by pointing out something I might have missed, again we all have that happened at some point in our life.

Bottom________ we need to know how to do it in a loving spirited attitude.