Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Couple Breaks Kid's Heart

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

 

It is cold but I had to laugh. Can't believe they didn't give him the ball by I really can't believe they took a picture of it also. :lol: :lol:

Man oh man when that foul ball comes my way and I make a nasty grab on the big screen in front of thousands of people I'm going to just vomit if I see some cute little kid looking up at me.

The kid should have turned around and drilled that old fart right in the head.

Maybe they will give the ball to a grandson of their own , and they sent the picture to him . I have 3 grandkids and if I ever get another foul ball that is where it is going, not to a strangers kid .

I lost it when she took a picture of it. Not going to lie, I kind of like their style.

 

True story, at a Legends game my friend caught a foul ball. Immediately a ton of kids came running over asking for it. His response, "sorry boys, you gotta earn your balls!". :lol: :lol:

At my age now I would definitely give a foul ball to the closest kid to me, without question.

 

Funny thing about all this, its not like the guy made a nice snag or anything, it was tossed up off the field. Lame.

 

How embarassed did the dad look? haha!

My guess is the guy with the frosted hair was frosted over the fact that couple squeezed a kid that size in with them versus buying him his own seat. That had to make for a fun evening.

It also didn't look like he saw the kid at first, then it was all about the gal!

It also didn't look like he saw the kid at first, then it was all about the gal!

 

I noticed the older guy had a ring on a certain finger...think that was his wife? I'd laugh hard if it wasn't and somehow his wife saw this...karma at it's finest lol.

I missed this in the article because I originally only watched the video:

 

Update: Someone else eventually gave the kid a ball

I noticed the older guy had a ring on a certain finger...think that was his wife? I'd laugh hard if it wasn't and somehow his wife saw this...karma at it's finest lol.

 

That was the thought going through my mind as I watched those two. Have you ever seen adults as overjoyed at getting a ball that was tossed into the stands? They didn't even really catch a foul ball. A player tossed it into the stands. They acted like they just caught Aaron's #715.

I, too was angry, until I realized that the ball wouldn't have fit in that kid's mouth anyway.

 

Doubtful that the kid is old enough to appreciate a major league souvenir. He's just crying because he didn't get his way.

That was the thought going through my mind as I watched those two. Have you ever seen adults as overjoyed at getting a ball that was tossed into the stands? They didn't even really catch a foul ball. A player tossed it into the stands. They acted like they just caught Aaron's #715.

 

I had a very similar thing happen to me with my grandson. My 3 grandkids get to a lot of games with me and we are usually in my seats in right field behind Jay Bruce. My oldest granddaughter gets balls thrown to her all the time by Jay but my 8 year old grandson has never been lucky to get one. We were in different seats one night in the 2nd row and Jay spotted him and even pointed right at him. My grandson had his glove and reached out to catch it and some older clown in front of us grabbed it and acted just like what you said, like it was #715. My grandson reacted the same way and everybody around the guy in the 1st row told him he made a mistake and should give it to my grandson. Not a chance he acted like he had just found gold. Needless to say I would have probably made a scene had it been someone else's kid and I wasn't with my grandson but that's the way some people are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.